Transfer Rumors

Does anyone else find players by reading the transfer rumors page. I seem to find myself trying to buy quite a few players off the rumors page as they are usually cheap or coming out of contract. Ive managed to score some big signings off rumors and a lot of the time their will be other clubs chasing the guy so it gives you first crack at him.

:D one time i managed to bid for a player whom my rival wanted....then they made an offer immediately so i offered a bigger sum of money, and they followed my lead...

well they payed 4-5 times more then their first offer :D

it felt so good, the player turn out to be average definitely not worth that amount of money :D

Saw West Brom were after Romainian striker Florin Bratu at the start of 08/09 season so had a look & poached him from under their noses for £3.4mil. Scored 25-odd goals that season. Their manager had a 'poor opinion' of me afterwards, ha ha.

I too use it as a scouting tools. Once in a while I have a glance at who of my players is targeted by others, who I am supposed to target and what kind of players are linked to other clubs of my level. Once in a while I find some guy I didn't know :)

Archived