I've just had an idea...

and my brain hurts.

But seriously I think you could have an end of season get together with your squad to tell them what you think and praise/give out as neccessary. For instance my Valencia team are tailing off badly at the end of the season, results wise, without playing that badly, and I'd like to say to the squad "Well done for putting it up to Real and Barca for 33 games, but you really let yourselves down at the end when the title was a realisable goal", and maybe even have individual chats with some players along the lines of "keep up the good work, you suprised me with your performances, you really out did yourself", "you are a good player but not quite at this level, sorry but in order to further the club I will need to offload you" or "you horrible, horrible little (beep), get the (beep) out of my (beeping) office. I'm selling you to Alcoyano you (beeping) (beep) where you will rot for the rest of eternity in the largest pile of (beep) ever created, you little (beep) you".

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Well, it's an interaction, so it gets (Y) from me. Something like a team meeting at the end of the season would be great. To see all the ups and downs in the season, simply to summarise the season. And maybe to tell your players, whom are you going to keep and who to sell... Anyway more interaction is welcomed.

A time of reflection at the end of season would be a good idea. Imagine giving your team the 'hairdryer' for a poor season. Just to give the players something to think about before their holidays. Then when they come back to pre season they are determined to give it their all and fight for the team! News flash: As the players arrived at training after their summer break, the players, sleves rolled up, lead by the skipper, looked ready for business and seemed to be sending a message to the gaffer!!! :D

But on a serious note after the last match of the season there should be a team meeting or something to reflect on the previous season. What went wrong/right and then look to the next season and the expectations as opposed to the current expectations of 'where you will finish in the league'. Ok then heres an extra £5m!!! More interaction is the key!!!

Or alternatively you could get the following message "the first team squad are staying in Malaga instead of coming back from preseason. Reports are coming through that they are officially on strike and wont play until the managers's head is delivered on a platter" (obviously an extreme reaction to saying all the wrong things). I just thought of it as my season was slipping a bit and as Barca and Real were both stronger (squad wise), it would be a nice idea to be able to post mortem the current one, and maybe even get some player feedback (obviously to be based on the player intelligence attributes).

Archived