Blog day 24 - state of play part 2, online manual, and some tutorial videos

Miles - "Don't tell SEGA"

I suggest you pull the plug on YouTube then Miles in case someone from SEGA looks at it ;)

Intrigued, i wonder what this new, never been talked about feature could be? I bet we can drive the team bus now! Am i right Miles? Am I, Am I? :D

Miles - "Don't tell SEGA"

I suggest you pull the plug on YouTube then Miles in case someone from SEGA looks at it

Intrigued, i wonder what this new, never been talked about feature could be? I bet we can drive the team bus now! Am i right Miles? Am I, Am I? :D

I heard a rumour that's in CM10 but you have manage a club for 10 seasons first. Why don't you investigate and report back :D

Blogs looking good as always too. ALthough Im getting bored of reading and watching vids now :( I want to play :cool:

PS : for the videos, i think it would be way better if we could see the mouse moving on the screen.

Sometimes, i dunno where to look or the guy clicked on the screen and i miss stuff moving. So following the mouse would definitly help IMO

PS : for the videos, i think it would be way better if we could see the mouse moving on the screen.

Sometimes, i dunno where to look or the guy clicked on the screen and i miss stuff moving. So following the mouse would definitly help IMO

This was brought up before, there is an issue with the mouse moving in videos, goes blurry or something, so it was decided to leave it out.

If you miss something, rewing 5 seconds

fantastic, my friend and I recruited a friend of ours to serve as the Porto player in our "Big Three" of Portugal. How suitable is it that the the videos featured Sporting CP!, the team that I manage.

This is good for our lazy friends who cant be bothered to read manuals and need to be shown in person or by video.

Just watched the first video, and when he offers the player to club, there is the option to 'exclude foreign clubs'. Two questions:

1) Has that been in all the games, because I don't remember seeing it?

and 2) why would you want to exclude foreign clubs? Surely it's more likely that you wouldn't want the player going to a club directly competing with you for the league, than a team that competing for a different league?

Just watched the first video, and when he offers the player to club, there is the option to 'exclude foreign clubs'. Two questions:

and 2) why would you want to exclude foreign clubs? Surely it's more likely that you wouldn't want the player going to a club directly competing with you for the league, than a team that competing for a different league?

I assume that it could be for loan purposes. If your only playing with English leagues and you want the benefits of seeing all the stats of your loanee and their team's performance.

• SI Staff
Nice to see the return of 'Reserves until match fit' visible in video 2:thup:

Argh! That was meant to be a surprise :(

Oh well - didn't notice it when I watched the video as I'm used to it being back in the game now :)

+1 for the online manual :)

But will it be created only by SI/SEGA, all will the FM-community also have a role in that ?

I hope the community will be able to be involved, but it's not decided how yet. I expect that Joe (SEGA's FM community manager) has some tricks up his sleeve.

The best thing about having an online manual is that content can be added post release, such as the ever changing FAQ's, so there's certainly room for more tutorials, guides and the like.

It's new for FM10.

Excluding foreign clubs is very useful if you're offering a player out in a transfer window when he's only got 6 months left to go on his contract. Certainly in England, and any other league that doesn't allow clubs to offer contracts to players under the Bosman when they have 6 months to go on their contracts, but can do when there is less time.

At the moment if you offer a player out to clubs with 6 months to go, someone is likely to put a Bosman bid in, and you get no money and are stuck with him for 6 months...

Bug Spotted! :p

http://imgur.com/V0tSp.png

source:

I believe that is fixed - there were a few issues with code appearing in comments in that screen, which were fixed early last week when QA did a full run through them all. The video footage was all taken 3-4 weeks ago.

I believe that is fixed - there were a few issues with code appearing in comments in that screen, which were fixed early last week when QA did a full run through them all. The video footage was all taken 3-4 weeks ago.

Awesome!

I see your having another late night. :cool:

The best thing about having an online manual is that content can be added post release, such as the ever changing FAQ's, so there's certainly room for more tutorials, guides and the like.

It will be something like the FM Live online manual, right?

Basically, SI will keep sending release candidates to SEGA until they get one where both parties are happy. That release candidate will be the gold version and will be send to manaufacturing. IIRC Miles said it normally takes 5 or 6 release candidates to get to gold.

Excluding foreign clubs is very useful if you're offering a player out in a transfer window when he's only got 6 months left to go on his contract. Certainly in England, and any other league that doesn't allow clubs to offer contracts to players under the Bosman when they have 6 months to go on their contracts, but can do when there is less time.

At the moment if you offer a player out to clubs with 6 months to go, someone is likely to put a Bosman bid in, and you get no money and are stuck with him for 6 months...

And what would prevent a domestic club to put in a bid ?

Basically, SI will keep sending release candidates to SEGA until they get one where both parties are happy. That release candidate will be the gold version and will be send to manaufacturing. IIRC Miles said it normally takes 5 or 6 release candidates to get to gold.

and Miles said that for now there are 2 RC ready, right?

Would you please say something about the DEMO that will be released in the coming weeks ,like the date?

we fans have heard a lot of new imformation about the new game and we cannt wait to play the DEMO.

Thank you!

If everything goes well, bet on the weekend of October 17th-18th ;)

But nobody can know for sure (not even SI), as they are currently testing the candidate(s) release(s). So if anything major bad would happen, the demo as the release date could be postponed.

So let's cross fingers ;)

If everything goes well, bet on the weekend of October 17th-18th ;)

But nobody can know for sure (not even SI), as they are currently testing the candidate(s) release(s). So if anything major bad would happen, the demo as the release date could be postponed.

So let's cross fingers ;)

but miles in the last blog says that for now they are on schedule..

how many are this canditates releases? 5? 6? in the last blogs he says that two are ready...or i read not so well?

He said they were on release candidate 2; i.e. one has been rejected, and they are on the second. They'll keep passing these builds onto QA until one gets passed - that's my reading of it, anyway... :D

This is a pretty normal final check that everything is in place and that there are no last minute calamities. Eventually one of the RCs will become the Gold version, which can then be passed on for production and back to SI to build the demo version from.

Archived