help needed buying a new pc for fm10

hi guys im looking to get a new pc for fm10 what am i best looking for as i dont want it to slow down as it does no on my current pc would a gaming pc be better for me also? my current spec is.

Pentium 4

2.80ghz

1gb ram

80 hard drive

cheers guys all input grateful money not the issue

Get more RAM.

With that machine of yours, I'd bet it'll have 4 slots for memory.

Get 4 gig of RAM in there and it'll be more than quick enough.

Then again, if money is no object...check out Alienware machines...around 3k but AWESOME.

Alternatively....

You should be looking (imho) at getting a Quad Core 2.33 minimum.

Most hard drives are 500Gb these days as a minimum but it's the RAM that's the most important.

If you're getting a new PC, i'd go for a 64 bit OS, therefore you can use more RAM = much faster machine.

Something at around 600-700 quid (Dell's are good) will be MORE than enough though.

32 bit systems are fine and you'll only need a max of 4 gig of RAM as Win 32 only uses up to 3.5 gig of RAM anyway.

Windows XP will only support a bit more then 3gig ram, if you want 3.5gig+ you need a 64bit windows (vista or windows 7)

Also the 'space' on your hard driver doesn't matter really, you should buy a 'fast' hard drive. Look for the RPM on your hard disk.

Definition (RPM):

Revolutions Per Minute - The number of times the disks in hard drives can spin per minute. The higher the number, the faster it spins, therefore the faster you can access your data.

If money is not the problem i advise you to buy a whole new computer. Go for a dual or quad core CPU with a SATA motherboard, vid card doesn't really matter for Football Manager but you still need a vid card that fits into the new motherboard ofc. Also take Windows Vista 64bit (or buy the new Windows7 64bit) with 4gig of ram which would be enough.

I hope that this information is enough.

If you can build your own much cheaper, if not look for a Pentium Core 2 Duo (Quad core is a waste for Football Manager) with highest frequency possible, like a C2D E8400 (3ghz) and also make sure comes with 4GB DDR2 ram, and loaded with Win7 64bit.

That is all you need to run the game good.

Windows XP will only support a bit more then 3gig ram, if you want 3.5gig+ you need a 64bit windows (vista or windows 7)

Also the 'space' on your hard driver doesn't matter really, you should buy a 'fast' hard drive. Look for the RPM on your hard disk.

Definition (RPM):

Revolutions Per Minute - The number of times the disks in hard drives can spin per minute. The higher the number, the faster it spins, therefore the faster you can access your data.

If money is not the problem i advise you to buy a whole new computer. Go for a dual or quad core CPU with a SATA motherboard, vid card doesn't really matter for Football Manager but you still need a vid card that fits into the new motherboard ofc. Also take Windows Vista 64bit (or buy the new Windows7 64bit) with 4gig of ram which would be enough.

I hope that this information is enough.

What would a good rpm be??

i believe it goes 4200rpm, 5400, 7200, 10000.

most new machines i think are mostly coming with 7200. the game would be unplayable with 4200,5400 prob wouldnt be too bad

Thanks mate.

Sounds about right.

Just ordered a new Dell myself. Speed is 7200 so will be fine.

It's a minefield buying new computers these days.

who said buy dell? dell are the worst out there. overpriced and underpowered. if price is indeed no issue get a brand new mb- maybe a ex58-extreme and get a cpu in the core 17 range. get as much ram as you can, maybe 6 gb, then get a solid state drive, at least 128 gb, and a large 7200 hard drive to store info. for a video card get somthing like a nvidea 285 or above. that should be more than enough. much more.

if you want the fastest speed available then get the fastest cpu available in the i7 range.

only do all this if price is no issue.

Archived