FM09 the best version ever for me.....

Ive played every version of CM/FM since the Amiga days and I realised today that this is the first time ever a new version is due and Im still playing. Normally Id play for 4 or 5 months then quit until the new version.

For me FM09 really is the ultimate version, the new 3D engine really lifted it up a new level, and I personally thought 3D would damage the experience.

One factor for me is that for once I rarely came near these boards, so I didnt get to hear of any bugs, nor did I notice anything major. As I installed via steam and was autopatched I never had a reason to come back, and I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes!

For the first time Im actually facing a dilemma, to scrap my huge saved game or to get the new version. Ill no doubt buy it on release as normal but to relinquish control of the Southend United side I turned into masters of Europe will take some doing....

Well done SI on FM09 and I hope FM10 proves to be even better...

Played since 05 and personally agree with 09 being the best, and 07 being 2nd, thats why despite being an even number, which normally I don't find are as good, I'm looking forward to 10 as it'll be similar but polished. I think Miles even said on the announcement that the fully patched 09 is probably the best FM yet, and if 10 doesn't work out I can still look forward to much more time on 09, so its great either way. I've even managed success on 09 far in excess of anything I've managed before (and which I'm unlikely to repeat again) which makes it extra special for me. Due to that I know the dilemma of staying with the old one or getting the new one, which is understandable. I found a suitable spot to stop on my save and get back on my 'change of pace' save but I can't help but go back to my old one, though I'm not playing as often at the mo. A successful FM game is a very hard thing to give up to be sure, and I actually contemplated skipping this year for a while. But each version deserves a try, and like I said the game will still be there if I want to go back to it.

I agree, I've played every version since CM2, and for the first time ever I'm not getting the new version (FM10) on release. It's because I'm enjoying FM09 so much that I'm happy to wait until FM10 is fully patched before moving on.

Archived