Injury Crisis?

On my first 2 seasons I got few injuries every now and then, and usually a week or 2, or maximum a month...

Currently at the beginning of the third season, same formation, same tactic, but look here

Joe Cole (Month)

David Villa (2 Weeks, at the very beginning)

Florent Malouda (Month)

Brainslav Ivanvoic (2 Months)

Didier Drogba (2 Weeks)

Roque Santa Cruz (6 MONTHS, I BOUGHT HIM FIRST SEASON and it never happened)

Can someone explain what's happening because I'm still in the very beginning, and if i continued like this, I'll have to use my youth in the champions league (I'm already using many reserves now after those 6 injuries, my attacks are ****, all my experienced strikers are injured)

Is just my usual bad luck somehow reached the game this season, or something wrong and I don't know about it?

It's just bad luck. Just play through it, grin and bear it. Trust me, you won't have many like that and you'll occasionally go for long periods where you have no injuries (but we don't complain when all is well!).

I had an injury crisis there towards the end of the season with Hoffenheim and slipped from 2nd to 6th in the League (where we finished). Just have to get on with it.

In FM08 that was a show stopper bug also after the latest patch cause I have seen till 28 players injured together within 2 weeks and similar amenities. LOL

FM09 with exactly the same tactic and trainings didn't suffer of that ridicolus bug so I can assure you FM09 has been properly fixed on this matter.

I had 5 central midfielders injured at the same time just when I was about to go through a tough streak with 4 games in 9 days.

I've had that happen... and unfortunately my tactic required 3 and my wingers were just wingers...

Curse my not buying versatile regens....

And @ OP.. You only 6 players from a club like Chelsea out injured

So that shouldn't be a problem... You'll easily have plenty of back up for them...

-Play fully/superb fit players over match fit

-Reduce training

-Reduce Tackling

-Reduce Tempo

-Sub the moment anything untoward occurs

-Identify prone players and use them sparingly

-Nurture players back to fitness

Not sure how many of these work but just some advice from a seasoned FM'er

Which is the average training level you use ?

I was used to have a total level set just a pixel before the " hard " level and I have never experienced major crisis into FM09.

FM08 was a nightmare instead , I had to give up playing FM08 cause I had 28 injured players all together. None of them survived, mee too.

Archived