Getting other jobs

I'm doing well with Hoffenheim at the minute and despite me being linked with virtually EVERY job going, I've yet to receive a single offer from another club. Not that it matters because I'd turn them down anyhoo :D

Think contract length plays a part once I was tied down for a few years i never got any offers dispite getting several when i was into the final year of my previous one.

I had less than 4 months left of this contract:

I'm doing well with Hoffenheim at the minute and despite me being linked with virtually EVERY job going, I've yet to receive a single offer from another club. Not that it matters because I'd turn them down anyhoo :D

Plus, I was flying high in 2nd place with a team predicted to finish 12th.

Ive not won anything with killie yet but ive finished 3rd last season and took them too the scottish cup final so ive done pretty well considering they was favourites for relegation when i started my game! :)

Ive not won anything with killie yet but ive finished 3rd last season and took them too the scottish cup final so ive done pretty well considering they was favourites for relegation when i started my game! :)

Which leagues have you got running in this save?

The issue with rep in the game is that you only get a proper increase by winning things.

You could take a club from the CCC to the EPL, keep them there and be solid midtable for a few seasons, even touch the top 6, but no other club will want you until you win a trophy, no matter how unrealistic that is for your club.

I'm managing Wycombe and took them from League one to the PL and survived there for 2 seasons now, both finished 14th in the league, and got a few joboffers, but havent won anything special, only the league one. The clubs that offered me jobs where one leauge lower or clubs lower than me in the PL, so i havent't accepted them.

I think clubs only go for realistic targets so if you're very successful then most clubs will see you as out of reach, except for those consistently successful (to keep their rep high enough for them to consider you realistic) themselves who wouldn't need a new manager very often. Winning leagues and CL's aplenty and have for years but haven't had a club job offer in very long time, though turning down a few international offers is an annual ritual.

Unfortunately overachievement which is not crowned by titles isn't recognized well enough by the game :(:thdn:

So that should be one issue. Furthermore it also depends on your starting past experience. If it was set to automatic you started from scratch with no bonus whatsoever, which also makes it take more time to build up a reputation.

Unless you win a few titles in Scotland I cannot see you being considered for an EPL job, maybe Championship at best. However job offers without applications don't come by too often anyway.

The issue with rep in the game is that you only get a proper increase by winning things.

You could take a club from the CCC to the EPL, keep them there and be solid midtable for a few seasons, even touch the top 6, but no other club will want you until you win a trophy, no matter how unrealistic that is for your club.

I think thats true as well. Getting a midtable CCC club into Europe in 2 seasons would mean offers would be forth coming from other Prem teams as youd be the hottest young manager, same goes for someone getting a BSP team into the PL. It doesnt seem to be that way in the game and I think it needs to be adjusted so reputation is increased a lot when you get your club to massively overachieve.

Archived