This Bleedin Game Hates Me!

Sitting pretty in late march 2018 in 5th place in the championship looking just to maintain my results sequences of the last three months to gain at least a play off place and bang goes my best central defender unvailable for INT duties with no notice to stop the trip.

My best defensive midfielder with the most assists is injured, so are my inexpensive January signings on the left and right wings who supply my leading goalscorer who is also injured. I've got no money, my most expensive player costs £750,000 the other strikers I got cant hit a barn door or runaround like flies round *****. As opposed to those teams around me who's average value of player is about 2.6 million and they are always fit to score agianst me.

I cant score for love nor money and cant create a thing cos these players are missing.

I keep losing by the odd goal in March, The games conspired to blow it for me again cos twelth with no wins in 4 has left me sliding down the leaugue spectacularly while all my rivals are fielding full squads to pick from.

I've been a champ manager for eight years since I started the game always managing mid table mediocrity with limited transfer funds and really could not stand another season of that without a bash at the play offs at least. The Ai unrealitically makes this game so difficult to succeed at unless you've got a large transer budget or unlimited spends. It appears to me it highlights managers players with more than 7.00 as an average and cattles them for up to a month if there getting some success. Never highlights my crappier players to break there arms and ribs (not even football injuries I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A FOOTBALLER BREAKING A RIB!) I'm not angry just continue to click to save game mundanity and I think I've had it with the next season unless I start a new game being Chelsea

The joys of FM :)

Honestly, this game has made me crazy dozens of times, but this is why we love, just like the real deal...

I for my part have developed a great tactic now which overachieves with any team I used it for so far and life is good at last :cool:

But I feel for you.

You could try to spend your transfer budget over 24 months only, thereby doubling it for the next season. As your first team already seems good enough for a play-off spot if it hadn't been for those injuries you could then also have some depth to cover possible ineligibilities and then really push for it next season.

Other than that, maybe have a look at your tactics. Usually human users can improve their teams over time and still rotting in the same division in mid-table might hint at a sub-prime tactical set-up.

hth :)

I think you hate the game more than it hates you. :p

You should have seen my yearly injury crisis at the striker position. My two starters, and their two backups were injured for 3 games. I had to use Jonathon Spector at ST. He even scored a goal. :D

Sorry. Thought that was a post by Paul Hart or Phil Brown. lol.

What can you do, apart from play reserves or risk one of the kids? (And if reserves aren't up to it, why are they still at the club?)

Archived