Is it possible to improve League Repuation?

The best I've done is take Southport to Premier League and Champions League glory. However, I believe this was possible because of the repuation of the English League.

If I was to take over, say a Irish League team...would I have any chance of EVER making them great in Europe? Or will the league repuation prevent me from doing this?

Thanks.

League rep is static, so eventually you'll hit a 'glass-ceiling' that you can't break. It's unlikely you'll be able to increase the teams rep to 'Worldwide' and therefore you won't be able to attract the better players at other top clubs.

My experience of playing with Lyon in France is just this. After winning the Champions League and World Club Championship several times, my reputation would drop down to 'National' at the end of the season and then reach a peak of 'Continental' after i'd won things. The cycle would just repeat itself :)

As far as the possibility of a change in league reputation is concerned:

http://community.sigames.com/search.php?searchid=1855483 :thup:

Aas far as your ambitions are concerned, you can be sure that this will be a very heavy task, way heaveier even as managing a BSS side to European glory. That's partly due to the league reputation as many players won't be happy to join and winning things on a national level won't help your club a lot reputation-wise. Still, your reputation should increase a bit if you win things dometically on a regular basis and if you achieve a bit of success in Europe. Should you become a CL group phase regular, you will also have a bit of cash to spend, though you'll never be beyond English Championship level...

Still, I remember to have seen that a few people have done it on FM09. So I guess what you need is patience, good newgens to sign for you and luck.

Thanks for the replys.

A little dissapointing but realistic I suppose.

I think I'm going to take it on in FM10.

I generally only have 1 single player game per version anyway, so I have extreme patience in getting my club where I want it to be.

Thanks for the replys.

A little dissapointing but realistic I suppose.

I think I'm going to take it on in FM10.

I generally only have 1 single player game per version anyway, so I have extreme patience in getting my club where I want it to be.

Its not realistic though.

Think about the reputation of the EPL before Sky pumped millions into every season.

In a long term game, if a countries clubs get rich enough, and they do better in europe then the countries league rep should increase (or decrease) to match.

Its not realistic though.

Think about the reputation of the EPL before Sky pumped millions into every season.

In a long term game, if a countries clubs get rich enough, and they do better in europe then the countries league rep should increase (or decrease) to match.

i dont think fm has the capability of a large sum of money being pumped into a countries league structure does it?

i personally believe that htat is the only way a leagues rep will ever improve in real life.

its just not possible for a number of clubs in one league to get rich enough to keep their star youngsters and attract new players without alot of outside money coming in. in my opinion

perhaps if aload of arab millionairres took over all the brazillian clubs then they'd be able to pursuade the youngsters to stay. and then they could pay stupid money to bring more than just aging star players over.

then over a couple of years the leagues rep would improve.

but otherwise i dont see it happening.

Archived