Release day, what you do / fave parts.

So, with only a few weeks to go until the latest FM arrives, my heads already starting to go through the traditional processes I go through on release day.

I already mentioned in a previous thread that I usually go to Asda for midnight to get the game as early as possible to get a few hours in before falling asleep in my computer chair at aroud 5am.

Without fail, I book days, sometimes at least a week off work.

I always get in supplies, coffee, Red Bull, snacks etc.

My favourite bits of any release day though, are easily getting home, putting the disc in and watching it install while trying to contain my excitement.

Usually at this point, I tend to sniff the new manual a few times - yes that's odd behaviour but if you haven't done it yet, trust me, sniffing a new FM manual is rather satisfying (not in any sexual way at all, I might add).

My prob is that I don't know when I'll have my hands on the game after it's being shipped to Germany.

That otehr thread honestly inspired me to take some days off from work for it. Wanted to do that anyway, but now it'll be for FM which especially cool as my gf is at work then and cannot complain about me being busy on the computer ;)

To be sure I will however do it a week late, maybe Nov 4-6 or even 9-11.

When it arrives I will first check the editor or see if there are a few nice files or a patch for sownload already and then edit a few players who I think are under- or overrated and give my home-town club a bit more money and attendance (never manage them, just want them to be good).

Then I create a new game with Newcastle, as always, though this time it might be even more interesting. Other than that I start playing the game which this time around also implies getting used to the new GUI and looking at the few new features.

Especially looking forward to the customized news :)

Eagerly antisipating oct 30th, pre-ordered mine off Zavvi.co.uk for only 17.95, just hoping it arrives on time or even the day before so i can install it when i finish work. Decided to book 2days off work (fri, sat) to give me 4 days of non-stop FM10. getting in some good coffee, red bull, several packs of cigerettes and a selection of takeaways so i dont have to leave the house until tuesday.

I have the next day off work with it being school half term holidays!! With having pre-ordered through steam I will be sitting up on the Thursday night constantly checking to see if it is released at all slightly early. (As last year).

Download - then sit and play checking out things like the new features and also ratings of players because no matter what their is always some that change year to year. Also checking out who the new wonderkids are.

Then going to bed at silly o'clock until waking to play again all day on the friday. I've promised to take the other half out on Saturday night but except for that I won't be leaving the computer all weekend.

I'll be working on the Friday but aim to get up in time to set the download rolling from Steam before going to work and then it'll be all ready for when i get in, Watford are away at WBA on the Saturday and i wasn't planning on going due to wanting to save some cash and the likelyhood we'll get destroyed so i'll have a day of FM and Soccer Saturday alongside some food that requires minimal effort, plenty of Dr.Pepper and a fresh 20 deck of smokes.

I've pre-ordered mine on standard delivery, so not sure when it will arrive, probably Monday or Tuesday. So I might just take Wed-Fri off, close the curtains and get stuck into editing mode.

Will probably have a bushy beard by the time I finish!

I pre-ordered it on Play.com. Any idea when it will arrive? I am not going to take a day leave or anything. First thing I will probably do is download any leagues from the new editor and create/modify the Maltese league system.

I guess it will be shipped in November so it will probably take 2 weeks to arrive.

Get up round 7ish (I KNOW NOT HARDCORE BUT I LOVE MY SLEEP!) have breakfast, call on my best mate next door and both pop down to GAME, which is round a 15min walk, whilst talking about our excitement, I'll then go over his house and go on it all day and maybe order a takeaway whilst playing FM. WHAT A DAY!

Christ, it sounds like a good chunk of the UK's workforce will be pulling a sickie. Miles, you're ruining England's economy (ever so slightly)!

As for me, I'll be waiting patiently for the download to come thru Steam. The cool thing is that because I'm in the U.S. and we're 5 hrs behind, I assume I'll get my game @ 7pm and not midnight :)

A bit gutted. Could only get the weekend off the week before release hoping that it would come out then. Have the Thursday 22nd till the Tueasday 27th off. Trying to change weekends off with my work colleague but so far not happening!

my thoughts exactly :D then the install process eagerly awaiting getting the chance to play it.

~~Stevie G~~

Have SI games started some kind of book-sniffing fetish? As I work for a printing company now, I won't be sniffing any kind of book.

I will hopefully have the day off due to paternity leave (due on the 14th October). As long as the new baba is ok I should be able to get a good few hours on the game. IF I can find anywhere near me open at midnight on the Thursday/Friday I shall volunteer to do all the night feeds that night and stay up playing the game in relative peace.

Well i've booked the week off after the friday (not sure if i'm working the friday as yet) but my girlfriend is at work all week so i'll be getting down to some serious gameplay. I might even try for a season a day, and of course not forgetting keeping the coffee coming and the local takeaway's in business.

Depending on what delivery route im on (night-time lorry driver), and what time i finish, i will either roll my truck into Tesco car park during the night (not literally, more park up i mean ;)), or get it on the way home from work if i manage to get done early enough.

On release day I'll continue to wait until January when I will then go and buy the game, usually from the local Asda as it's only a 15-20minute walk away, (having said that I did drive there last time I got the game).

I'll also go to work on release day, mess about on the internet/CM01-02 or FM09, see the girlfriend, and considering it's a Friday I'll probably go out at night with the girlfriend for a few drinks with friends.

I will also spend a bit of time on here in the following few days after the release and laugh at all the people monging off about the "bugs" in the game. :thup:

Every year I do the same thing, day off work for an all day, all night session. Pizza hut for dinner (large stuffed crust) and a bottle of coke. Been doing this for as long as I can remember. Its what dreams are made of.

You've got very low expectations in your life if that is what "dreams are made of" :D

i will probably wait for the Postie to deliver it, if Zavvi get it delivered on time. if they deliver early, then its a good thing its half term holidays :D

damned A-Levels going to be cutting down on playing time, need to get every hour on it i can when it arrives

Oh man, i'm in for some deep trouble, this is a very hard semester for me at Uni, but there is NOTHING in this world stopping me from playing at least 7-8 hours a day for the first few months. God, help me!

Then my friend, you are a dufus! Dont get me wrong, FM is class. But to put it above your education and future is just plain ridiculous!

Then my friend, you are a dufus! Dont get me wrong, FM is class. But to put it above your education and future is just plain ridiculous!

Maybe calling him a dufus is a tad harsh. While FM should never come before your education, it can sometimes be hard to not play it.

My advice? Do your homework/coursework/work first, then use your spare time to play FM. You will probably enjoy it more when you know there is no work for you to worry about!

Maybe calling him a dufus is a tad harsh. While FM should never come before your education, it can sometimes be hard to not play it.

My advice? Do your homework/coursework/work first, then use your spare time to play FM. You will probably enjoy it more when you know there is no work for you to worry about!

Perhaps, but IMO dufus isnt exactly harsh!

baker.simon, I needed a preacher eh, sorry, meant 'teacher' like you when I was at playgroup/ infant school/ junior school/ secondary school/ college/ university. ;)

I'm going to do the unspeakable this year and just wait until the final patch before buying. Ouch I hear you say but I'm tired of re-starting to feel 'the full benefit' every time a new patch is released.

But I do understand the manual-sniffing thing. It's about it being new and all yours etc.

:D.

Yeah. I am sure, when in 20 years time you'll be playing FM on a really expensive computer running the 5D M.E. at super speed, you'll be happy you stuck with school!

I plan to be building the super computer in 20 years :p

I think I'm going to celebrate release day with an indian takeaway too :cool:

While English ain't my native language, and i never heard that word, it does sound a bit harsh, especially when you have no idea of what i was talking about. But then again, you just admit a few posts later that you're a "dufus" yourself, so no offence taken.

To clarify my post, i said i would be studying hard, but at the same time i would be having a very hard time resisting FM. I had the same problem last year with 09, yet i had a great GPA for the whole year, let alone a semester. It just means i will be cutting short my going out and sleep for FM, while i still have to do my uni study. Just at a larger effort.

last year i booked the day off only to spend 6 hours trying to get the game to work by which time i wouldve been home from work anyway, which has really killed my release day bug, so havent bothered this year.

but i do go in for a small op on the tuesday and will be off work from the remainder of the week, she be up and mobile by the friday and unable to play sat so will crack out a 2 day stint before going back to real life and managing my sunday side...if only i could sign aguero for them

Have a mid-afternoon class. I'll still go to it having got the game earlier but I'm pretty sure I'll spend a lot of the time thinking over my squad, who to keep, who to get rid of and probably who I'm hoping to get if I get as far as looking for players beforehand.

Usually at this point, I tend to sniff the new manual a few times - yes that's odd behaviour but if you haven't done it yet, trust me, sniffing a new FM manual is rather satisfying (not in any sexual way at all, I might add).

You're not the only one. I'm a manual sniffer too, although I'm disappointed to see that this year's manual will be quite slim to save on trees. Screw the trees - I want a fat manual! :p

Initially, I will hope my install of Windows 7 goes to plan a week before FM is released. That's more than enough time to replicate my current setup from Vista.

I will be hoping that some shops will still have a few copies left in the evening - unless I schedule a 'doctors appointment' around lunchtime to extend my break a little *ahem* thus giving me time to go out and grab my copy.

Lets hope nobody recognises the trend in off-sick staff while they're at local Management Forum eh?

Archived