Anyone going to queue midnight?

It's been a tradition for countless years for me and some of my mates but this year, because of Zavvi's great price, I've ordered the game online.

Still, I think I'll really miss those midnight trips to Asda and being first in the queue to get that years new FM.

Last year, there were nearly 100 people (all men) in my local Asda!

Anyone still going to get the game at midnight to ge those extra hours in?!?!

I also have queued at my local for the past few years, but this year will likewise be awaiting the postman on the friday morning with my copy from Zavvi.

Went to get Fifa on friday from my local Adsa at midnight and I swear there must have been 300 or so people in the queue. Probably because it was £26.71 for one day only.

-TV-

I hear that almost every shop in the UK (probably world) that is going to be selling Modern Warfare 2 will be opening at midnight in November.

If memory serves, one year I went to Asda at midnight and there was around 500 people, I was so angry because I thought I was going to have to wait for ages.

Turns out they were all there for either Call of Duty 4 or Gears of War 2 I think....one or the other.

Luckily though, I asked a nice lady at the desk and she let me jump the queue to get my hands on FM at 00:01 and I was at home by 00:15, watchin the beautiful game installing.

What's made you change?

I always used to get it from retailers online that happened to send it out earlier than they should. This no longer happens so I'm going for the next best option which is midnight on the day of release :)

That and they'll probably be the cheapest bar Zavvi (Of which I don't trust currently)

I shall not be going for it at midnight, I shall be heading out in the morning at a sensible time for it as I wont be able to play it until my daughter goes to bed anyway.

Go out at midnight, get home, have to go to bed to be up early for my daughter the next day, look after her all day, play fm.

All I'd be doing is tourturing myself.

I also have queued at my local for the past few years, but this year will likewise be awaiting the postman on the friday morning with my copy from Zavvi.

Tell me what will you do if it doesn't arrive on Friday? I dont know what their delivery is like but last year I preordered and didn't get it until several days after release and that was from a supposedly reputable company (play.com).

Ill be getting it from Steam, with a nice cup of tea or a lager.

Only time ive actualy qeued for a game was GTA IV at Tescos. 100 people turned up and they only had 50 copies.

Thanfully for me as a PS3 owner 40 of the 50 copies were for the PS3 and most of the people queing wanted it for the 360.

So i managed to pick up about the 8th last PS3 copy of the game and there was litteraly no 360 copies.

For MW2 i dont know what im going to do, if its on steam (dont think it is) then ill do that, but i might be forced to pre order and do another midnight run.

This may seem a silly question, but I have searched the Internet many times and not found a definite answer. Providing that Tesco is a 24 hour store, will they be selling it at 00:00am on Friday? Because I don't want to get there (which is a bit of a treck) and then they say sorry but its not out on the shelfs yet but it will be at 9:00 am for example! Is it very likely that it will be out straight away???

This may seem a silly question, but I have searched the Internet many times and not found a definite answer. Providing that Tesco is a 24 hour store, will they be selling it at 00:00am on Friday? Because I don't want to get there (which is a bit of a treck) and then they say sorry but its not out on the shelfs yet but it will be at 9:00 am for example! Is it very likely that it will be out straight away???

in my suburb, blockbusters closed at 10pm 2 years ago, and re-opened at 12am with the game ready for sale with 40 + queued up waiting

can't speak for tescos though

It's been a tradition for countless years for me and some of my mates but this year, because of Zavvi's great price, I've ordered the game online.

Still, I think I'll really miss those midnight trips to Asda and being first in the queue to get that years new FM.

Last year, there were nearly 100 people (all men) in my local Asda!

Anyone still going to get the game at midnight to ge those extra hours in?!?!

I've also ordered it from Zavvi, but does anyone know when your likely to recieve the game in the post from any past experience??? On Friday 30th? Sat 31st? Mon 3rd?

Didn't realise you could get it at midnight, sounds great but won't that be a Thursday night, meaning there'd probably be work in the morning (no all-nighter in that case)?

Some of us are good for nothing students ;)

Yeah probably. I will probably have to ask for it though, doubt they will have it on the shelf.

I'll certainly be ringing one before just to make sure. But the demand for FM is fairly high these days (Has been in the top 10 of the PC charts since it was released until this point with FM09..) So I suspect they'll have it there.

Going to probably download by Steam as my disk drive is being tempremental to say the least at the moment!!

Anyone know if there's a time it comes out on Steam? Ideally want to set it downloading before I leave for work at 7am

I'll certainly be ringing one before just to make sure. But the demand for FM is fairly high these days (Has been in the top 10 of the PC charts since it was released until this point with FM09..) So I suspect they'll have it there.

Good idea. I will still leave my pre order with zavi anyway, but I have never ordered anything from them before so I am not sure if they are reliable or not.

Mate, ANYWHERE that is open at midnight can start to sell the game 1 second after midnight.

Some stores will not have them out on display though, (Asda) so you'll have to politely enquire about the game and again, politely ask them to fetch it from the back...

I've been to Asda every year for the last 5 or 6 years and they ALWAYS have it, you just have to ask.

in my suburb, blockbusters closed at 10pm 2 years ago, and re-opened at 12am with the game ready for sale with 40 + queued up waiting

can't speak for tescos though

Mate, ANYWHERE that is open at midnight can start to sell the game 1 second after midnight.

Some stores will not have them out on display though, (Asda) so you'll have to politely enquire about the game and again, politely ask them to fetch it from the back...

I've been to Asda every year for the last 5 or 6 years and they ALWAYS have it, you just have to ask.

Ok cheers for that. Looks like its a midnight purchase!!!! :)

I got Fifa 10 on Friday morning from Tesco at 2.30am for £24.97. It's best to ring your local Tesco/Asda etc to check if they stay open all night and if they'll have it in stock.

I've Pre-ordered mine off Zavvi for £18 and I'm hoping that it will arrive on Thursday :D

Not quite midnight. I'll be knocking on my best mates door, which is next door, around 9am but If it's a sleepless night maybe 8am and FM10 comes out in my October Half-term, so 3 days of solid FM

I've only just realised that Oct 30th is during half term, means I might get to play on the morning of release day for the first time :cool:

I don't think I'll bother with the midnight trip though, I'll wait until the morning.

Archived