Retraining Player Positions - Success

Has anyone retrained a player to a different position then had him become a star in their new position? I recently had an attacking midfielder who had a better finishing rate than one of my strikers so I decided to train him as a striker and he is a gun now.

Ive retrained a couple of players from one side to the other (right back to left back and right winger to left winger) both of whom went on to be really really good, but they would probably have been really good on the original wing, I just happened to have 2 really good right backs and 2 really good right wingers so rather than make them compete, I just made them play together.

Ive never managed to re-train a player since about CM00 when I always bought seth johnson and retrained him from DMC to DL and made him Englands left back for 10 years. (oh for shame, look what happened to him since!)

Retrained strikers to wingers and vice-versa. Retrained one of my wingers and turned him into a dirty, cheating central midfielder who is capable of fouling the best players out of the game, although he's also a very good winger. Retrained a shockingly bad DC/DM into a targetman (his finishing and first touch was better than his marking and tackling), although he's probably not going to make it in the top tier.

The weirdest one I have is a D/WB/M L retrained to a AM R. He was a very hard-working wing-back who loved cutting in, wasn't afraid of tackling and had a wicked shot from distance. In fact, his attributes all point to him being a very good M L but his best positions are by far an offensive D L or M/AM R who cuts in. Currently plays for La Liga challengers Real Betis on the right - in fact, last season, he got 15 assists from that position! And yes, he is largely one-footed.

Archived