Club takeovers by million/billionares?

I was thinking if any of your clubs have been took over by the big men. If so did u have say in it or not? What's the experience like etc????

Also does this club takeover by the rich happen randomly? Or can we somehow aid/influence this to happen?

Im hoping that my current can get took over haha.

My West Ham side got taken over, I was second in the prem in my third season, had two second place finishes already in my time there. The takeover started on December 31 and ended on something like 29 January so I couldnt make any new sigings (this meant I missed out on signing Adriano who went to Man City for £500k ) then to rub salt into the wounds they sacked my and appointed Sven.

But I have to say I loved every minute of it. Is one of the better features added to the game.

you can tell when your going to get taken over by looking at the board room screen and looking at the chairmans status

i used to get taken over on fm 2007 as arsenal after nearly 2 seasons but on fm 08 i havent experienced a takeover

I had a board takeover last night at Barcelona (well, it was an election, which is what happens in Spain), which was cool in that they cleared the debts (I had just taken over a recently relegated Barcelona - to Spanish 2nd Div.) but they provided no extra income (disappointing).

It was exciting though - wondering if they would replace me with someone else, or pile money into the club...

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I think there is a file that you can create a chairman, e.g. Bill Gates, and then have him buy a club on a certain date. Not sure how to use it though.

Not exactly - it's a file that allows you to create the name of a possible new chairman, but isn't guaranteed to go through.

No, its a text file in your game directroy.

Something along the lines of C:/Program Files/Sports interactive/football manager/db/inc/all - thats not exactly what it is...i can't tell you for sure coz im at work

Originally posted by Cometdude:

My West Ham side got taken over, I was second in the prem in my third season, had two second place finishes already in my time there. The takeover started on December 31 and ended on something like 29 January so I couldnt make any new sigings (this meant I missed out on signing Adriano who went to Man City for £500k ) then to rub salt into the wounds they sacked my and appointed Sven.

But I have to say I loved every minute of it. Is one of the better features added to the game.

How did you finish 2nd with West Ham in your first season? Im a West Ham fan and have never managed it unless I reloaded the game if I wasnt happy with a result. Also, there arent really enough quality players available at the start of the game to replace the players that arent good enough for the team. Certainly not ones that you'd be able to afford with the starting transfer budget.

Who did you buy?

It's not one of those... it must be around there somewhere, try going back one or two and look in some different folders, it's called something like board takeover or make me chairman... it's in the same folder as other board related .inc files.

Originally posted by uzee:

I was thinking if any of your clubs have been took over by the big men. If so did u have say in it or not? What's the experience like etc????

Also does this club takeover by the rich happen randomly? Or can we somehow aid/influence this to happen?

Im hoping that my current can get took over haha.

I had Wycombe and Hartlepool taken over by millionaires in 07. I suppose someone who works at SI is a Wycombe fan, as it seemed to happen quite often when I wasn't playing with them as well. Hmmm.

Originally posted by Duttz:

It's not one of those... it must be around there somewhere, try going back one or two and look in some different folders, it's called something like board takeover or make me chairman... it's in the same folder as other board related .inc files.

Found 1 called make me chairman but the picture of it is slightly different to some others, it looks like a white page with an internet explorer symbol on it

When I tell it to open it starts to open an Internet Explorer page then asks if I wnt to open or save i, I click open and it does the same again and the only other options are to save or cancel. I right click and I don't get an option to "open in..."

I've been able to open it and from what I can tell it's so you can create a chairman to go for a club and takeover, you can choose whiuch club aswell so for a bit of enjoyment I put my partner as the potential chairmn and used the company name she would use lol

Archived