Important Feature needed in FM 10 and the next FM's

Club reputation and player reputation change but the leagues reputation does not change, and that is a serious issue for long term games, especially if you want to play in a lower league than La Liga, Premier League , Serie A , Ligue I , Bundesliga, Eredivise, Liga Vitalis.

For example, I had a save in FM09 in Eastern Europe where I was at a club 15 years and I took that club to the path of glory winning numerous european trophies and international cups.

The problem is that even if you win lots of cups and you are the best team on the continent, your league has the same reputation. And that is a big problem. Why? Well let's just say that the nation where I play has reached the top in the european cup coefficient ranks, 4 teams in CL , 4 teams in Europa League(former Uefa Cup),and those teams play really well, but the reputation of the league is the same, so players won't come so easily to the clubs from that country and this is highly unrealistic.

Real example: Ukrainian League reputation and Russian League reputation increased after the cup wins of CSKA, Zenit and Shakhtar.

Another problem caused by the reputation of the leagues is the World Awards

let's say you assemble a world-class squad and you win the treble, and your top scorer has 40 goals at the end of the year. Surprise, he loses the award Player of the Year. He is not even on the list, despite he has won a treble, despite he has better stats than all of those players on the nomination list. The reputation of the league blocks that.

Again league reputation is more than one team! If CSKA Moscow started winning Champions League titles left and right does that make Rubin Kazan any more appealing a team to play for? Maybe slightly. Plus could you imagine starting a game in for example Belarus and having that nation's league reputation get worse? Imagine going from Conference south to the premiership - only to find that the Premiership is now a 3rd rate leage - does that sound like fun?

The best solution that has been proposed is that leagues should have a range - something like England being 16-20 in league repuation meaning it can be the best league in the world or it could fall off slightly to the level of the current Bundesliga (at least I think that's a 16 reputation league)

As far as I'm concerned league rep in real life goes up due to money being invested into the country.

If there's no money in the country then your not going to attract players and your not going to win the big things.

And it has to be more than just one club winning things.

This shows up the floor in fm which makes it easy to win things with a club in a lesser country

I agree, it should be dynamic. I won the Champions League with Linfield, beating Barcelona in the final, and within two months of that game, 4 of my players left to join Barca, as well as five others leaving, all through refusing to sign contracts or chairman accepting bids over my head. It became a running theme, achieving well in Europe and then losing my best player to teams from better leagues, and having to rebuild my squad every year.

I'm not suggesting that the league reputation should have shot up, but having a static figure for league rep puts a ceiling on how far you go - but maybe thats fair. As someone said earlier, CSKA Moscow's success wouldn't make Rubin Kazan more appealing. So perhaps if the balance between club and league reputation became a little more biased in the clubs favour?

in real life league's reputation doesn't change so dramaticly or even doesn't change at all. you have many examples.

Greek league and Portuguese league for example, for years they are sending good teams to European cups and last few years they have also good nationality team, and eventhough the league reputation is still not growing up and players still and I think will always want to play for the 3-5 top leagues which includes England, Italy, Spain, Germany and France.

you can see maybe slightly improvments by the years but it certainly not a change that will make one of the "average" leagues a top ones.

I agree.. it should be dynamic. Maybe it doesn't seem dynamic in RL, but over a period of 10-15 years it is changing.. we just don't notice it. Hasn't the Premier League gotten a massive boost in the past 10-15 years after all the money injected into it from wealthy owners? I think it has.

Besides many like to play LLM in smaller leagues and build up a team from scratch. Taking a team to the top in a lesser known league should reflect on the status of that league in general. If a team from a small nation wins the CL 3 times in a row, I would say that also shows a certain strength of their home league. I would certainly like to see league status and economy be more dynamic.

Could have been found easily via the search function tbh

http://community.sigames.com/search.php?searchid=1855483

But I agree, slight, and I repeat: slight alterations should be possible after serious changes of the league's position in the UEFA ranking. But really not more than 1 point out of the 20, otherwise it would be likely to cause a serious game balance problem.

Another problem caused by the reputation of the leagues is the World Awards

let's say you assemble a world-class squad and you win the treble, and your top scorer has 40 goals at the end of the year. Surprise, he loses the award Player of the Year. He is not even on the list, despite he has won a treble, despite he has better stats than all of those players on the nomination list. The reputation of the league blocks that.

I agree here. I have a player in my Celtic game in 2024, who has won the Golden Boot 4 out of 5 seasons, top player in the CL and top scorer as well, a monster with his international team winning trophies there as well. Yet he never gets nominated for World player of the year, not even amongst the top 50 or whatever the number is. Same happens with my other players, yet the moment I sell them to other clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona etc. I see they get nominated next year, even if their performances are not on the same level as before and they might not even be first team regulars.

League reps I believe do change over time I believe, not just Russia (which surely has a much higher rep then 5 or 10 years ago), I can think of a few others that probably have changed a bit in the past decade or 2, even if not by that much in most cases. However especially with the opening up of the CL places to allow those from a few smaller countries a better chance of making the group stage, there could well be an improvement in some of the lesser leagues, which I think there are a couple of examples of already (like Belarus, if only thanks to BATE). I doubt the change would be that drastic if it were introduced. The high rep countries would mostly be able to sustain that position by being able to consistently be better, and the opposite would be true for the small countries. We're unlikely to see the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A become even good-to-middling leagues, let alone League 1 level (so I don't buy that arguement), neither are Finland and Slovenia going to be among the top leagues in europe, even if it was completely dynamic. Probably the best thing to do would be to have a range of up to 2 (or maybe even 3) each way. That would cover any possible shift that may occur in a real life situation without turning everything upside down, it may even things up a little more but not in a crazy way. Either that or increase the importance of club rep relative to league rep.

This feature definitely won't be in FM2010 but I believe I saw a response by Miles saying that they definitely do plan to introduce dynamic league reps. I think the earliest this can be implemeneted is FM2011.

Archived