How about Pompey in fm10?

I was just wondering about starting with my favourite English team Pompey in the upcoming fm10. They're still undergoing the takeover, if I understood it right, and there aren't too many days left before the game goes gold and probably the database will be set then to be finalized for the release. There are promises of 50 million £ and at the same time the wages haven't been fully paid, and the new owner is also hospitalised not to make anything easy.

So after all that drivel, how are their finances set for fm10?

I was just wondering about starting with my favourite English team Pompey in the upcoming fm10. They're still undergoing the takeover, if I understood it right, and there aren't too many days left before the game goes gold and probably the database will be set then to be finalized for the release. There are promises of 50 million £ and at the same time the wages haven't been fully paid, and the new owner is also hospitalised not to make anything easy.

So after all that drivel, how are their finances set for fm10?

From all that I have heard in the last 3 days it would make sense to have two outcomes, a good one (sold to a genuine investor) and a bad one (administration etc). Then the game would make a random 50-50 decision which way to go, unless some clarity is forthcoming in the next few days to change those odds. Interestingly the phrase "going out of business" has been associated with Pompey this weekend, I wonder how SI deal with that possible outcome. I hope they actually ignore it- imagine having a career game only to find your club does not "exist" in the game anymore. It happened with Scarborough, and Gretna (?) but I would suggest that that is "realism" going a bit too far.

From all that I have heard in the last 3 days it would make sense to have two outcomes, a good one (sold to a genuine investor) and a bad one (administration etc). Then the game would make a random 50-50 decision which way to go, unless some clarity is forthcoming in the next few days to change those odds. Interestingly the phrase "going out of business" has been associated with Pompey this weekend, I wonder how SI deal with that possible outcome. I hope they actually ignore it- imagine having a career game only to find your club does not "exist" in the game anymore. It happened with Scarborough, and Gretna (?) but I would suggest that that is "realism" going a bit too far.

afaik, clubs cant go out "out of business" in FM. They may continually suffer financial issues but they will always be there...

afaik, clubs cant go out "out of business" in FM. They may continually suffer financial issues but they will always be there...

it seems more likely that the chairman would be looking to sell and any incoming board wipe out some of the debt. eventually you get to a point where the club is not in debt, unless you happen to be playing castilla :rolleyes:

I would laugh, as I'm a Saints fan, but we can't really talk!

Tho apparently we are now the 13th richest club in English football, due to having no debts.

Last I heard Nicola Cortese had basically agreed we we're the 5th richest club in the country in the latest meeting with Kelvin Davies and Alan Pardew about a week or 2 ago

Last I heard Nicola Cortese had basically agreed we we're the 5th richest club in the country in the latest meeting with Kelvin Davies and Alan Pardew about a week or 2 ago

I don't know where I got 13th from then, but yes thats the interview I was thinking of. It was the fan forum wasnt it?

Why can't Delia Smith find one of these Arab type blokes???

Back on topic, as Pompey have/are on the verge of being sold confirmed on SSN last night, then they should be rich in the game, don't know if this bloke will be a sugar daddy or not though?

Archived