Player strenghts and match tactics linked with manager personality

Sitting here today and thinking about past versions and the new FM10 season ahead im wondering if in some cases the reason alot of people may have trouble with tactics are down to having the wrong players in the team..

How much of an impact would this play in results? Also when we talk about managers have good man managment i think there should be more ways to manage players, maybe even more so via training, IRL when a team is playing bad and cant win, it's not acase of changing tactics, managers and coaches would alter and change thing's during training. Recently iv heard managers say that come match days they dont need to say to much to there players because they have been working on tactics all week during training ect..

I think with FM in previous version's it's been a case of trying to create killer tacics the AI strugle to live with. I'm thinking with modern day football getting the best from your player comes down to more than just tactics, there is respect, an example is England under Cappelo compared to McClaren, Man managment, just look how certain managers like Redknapp turned spurs around due to his manmangment, i may be barking up the wrong tree but im thinking tactics alone play to much of a role compared to RL..

i think the game should be more sensitive to how we act as managers, the way we set up training, more team talk options along with better media, you could argue these already play apart in the game but i think when looking at human managers personla info the stats dont really amount to much, they could all be 1 but if you do the right things on match day you can win way more games than if your slightly tactically inept but have higher stats as a manager.

Funny you say that because a much more common complaint is that our man-management has TOO MUCH effect on the outcome. People often complain about team-talks and comments to the media affecting player morale too much and thus having too much of an effect on the result. I got the impression that Miles in one blog on team-talks accepted this and said it would be toned down.

As far as your first point is concerned, I think that there are 2 kinds of managers in FM as in real life: one comes into a new club, assesses the players and works out a tactics and formation to maximize their abilities; the other comes in with a blue-print and shoes the players into it and/or uses the transfer market to get the right players in. Often due to money constraints a manager will start off on the first option but have a long-term strategy to get the right players for his tactic.

Archived