Davie Weir: Over 15 years playing yet SI still gets it wrong

Asides from the fact that Davie Weir is a physical powerhouse regardless of the fact he is nearly 40 and asides from the fact that he can still cut it in Europe's top competitions, SI still mess up Davie Weir in new FM releases. Why is this? He has a natural fitness rating of 10 in 09 although, as stated, he is a physical powerhouse and much to my chagrin I see that he is marked down as right footed? After starting his career in 92 you would think this would be sorted out by now. So SI I invite you to watch back any footage of Mr. Weirs career and tell me this: how often does he kick with his right foot and how often with his left? Davie is, and always has been, a left footed player (even FIFA got this wrong)

Do us a favour... get it right in FM10. It could be his last season as a top player and justice is needed.

The Rangers Data Researcher is obviously the one you need to get in touch with, random blokes at SI won't deal with issues like this.

But i do think you've overexaggerated his physical prowess and this is coming from an Everton fan ;)

As a Rangers fan hes hardly cutting it in the CL... hes a liability and we should have been looking to use him as backup only this season, hes nowhere near fast enough anymore.

They only thing keeping him useful is his vast experience that lets him anticipate where he needs to be so he gets a slight lead on young attackers etc...

Make him Left footed, sure... but his physical stats match his ability.

I don't feel that I exaggerated, it seems that people link fitness and pace and that is not the case (I'm pretty fast when running but not at all fit). as the good ol' Rangers fan pointed out he is only ever in the right place due to his wealth of experience but he is extremely fit.

Any ideas how to get in contact with the Rangers researcher as I feel they have done a terrible job over the last 3 seasons (Naismith is better than the database allows as is Novo but Cousin and Darcheville seem to be excellent. :S this is not the case, I have seen them play from a few yards away. Also Steven Davis is a much better player than displayed.) and also any chance of a link for the correct forum to place this in or a mod move?

Cheers all

I don't feel that I exaggerated, it seems that people link fitness and pace and that is not the case (I'm pretty fast when running but not at all fit). as the good ol' Rangers fan pointed out he is only ever in the right place due to his wealth of experience but he is extremely fit.

Any ideas how to get in contact with the Rangers researcher as I feel they have done a terrible job over the last 3 seasons (Naismith is better than the database allows as is Novo but Cousin and Darcheville seem to be excellent. :S this is not the case, I have seen them play from a few yards away. Also Steven Davis is a much better player than displayed.) and also any chance of a link for the correct forum to place this in or a mod move?

Cheers all

I cannot seem to find the Rangers Researcher so this guy looks like your best bet.

Not the place for childish banter Lee, there will be plenty of time for that tomorrow but seeing as you started it... try getting a manager with some European pedigree as opposed to a Hibs walkout

If i was a member of the board, maybe i would. and just to carry it on........ try getting a defender that isnt about to draw his pension

If i was a member of the board, maybe i would. and just to carry it on........ try getting a defender that isnt about to draw his pension

I noticed your earlier "Up the Bhoys comment". Long history of that at Celtic it would seem, Big Jock and all...

BJK

I sold Kris Boyd at the beginning of every game in FM09. He was rubbish. Now I know he's not a skillful player but there is no doubting his goalscoring record. Finishing, composure, and other striking stats should be very high.

Weir is under-rated too.

Archived