Player deserve call up

it too late for fm10 but just thought for fm11.

Manager able to tell international manager to look into player X and he deserve call up into team.

like Martin O'Neil think Gabriel Agbonlahor deserve call up. Same as some players think Michael Owen should be in england.

What do you think?

This is a good idea for sure. Especially as if you were managing a national team you could get asked in a press conference 'Manager xyz has recommended Player abc for a national team call up, what is your reaction' and you could say things like 'he's not ready, or I've been keeping an eye on him' and so on and so forth.

We hear this alot in the press so to be able to do it in the game would be a decent touch.

I like this. Say one of your players has been playing well recently, you could come out to the press and say "player x should be in the national squad". You could link this to player personality, so it could out them under more pressure, plaese them etc.

Then again I've had absolutely world class players not even called up which is a bit stupid.

But this does happen in rl. Sometimes an absolutely blinding player just doesnt fit within the team, or, there are 3 other world class players in the same position as him - EG - Steve Bruce - played 309 games for Man United - never once played for england. Nigel winterburn was probably the second best left back in england for 10 years played 440 games for arsenal and played only TWICE for england (Stuart pearce was bloody good and never really injured)

It happens, sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Archived