Arsene Wenger

Personally I think he would be sacked if they didn't get a European spot at any point.

His job is far to safe in FM 'cos I've seen a few season where Arsenal didn't get European football, at sometimes 3 or 4 years in a row and after the past decade irl I feel that would be well below the standards the board have for the club, Europa League would be the absolute minimum the board would accept and even that wouldn't really be good enough for them

Personally I think he would be sacked if they didn't get a European spot at any point.

His job is far to safe in FM 'cos I've seen a few season where Arsenal didn't get European football, at sometimes 3 or 4 years in a row and after the past decade irl I feel that would be well below the standards the board have for the club, Europa League would be the absolute minimum the board would accept and even that wouldn't really be good enough for them

Will be interresting to see what happens this year then, because, despite everything I hope, it looks like at least man city will be above them, and possibly even tottenham!

Even with Europa League, the team would get the extra games to bring in revenue. Hell, maybe Europa League is something Arsenal could actually win.

In my current save, he just became manager of the French national squad. But that's because I took over Arsenal.

:D Same on my save when I took over Arsenal! Think he has retired now though (2019/20), if I'm not mistaken.

But actually, I usually always see him leave Arsenal after a few seasons to become manager of the French national team.

HE resigned from Arsenal in June 2015 and retired from football altogether in my current save. Frank Rijkaard took over, and promptly transformed them into relegation candidates and got the boot less than 6 months later!

HE resigned from Arsenal in June 2015 and retired from football altogether in my current save. Frank Rijkaard took over, and promptly transformed them into relegation candidates and got the boot less than 6 months later!

Thats because he didnt adapt to the 'native' language of the squad and studied English before he moved here, whereas he should have been learning french...

Thats because he didnt adapt to the 'native' language of the squad and studied English before he moved here, whereas he should have been learning french...

Possibly, although I'm playing on 08 so I dont know if that has any effect.

In my current save, he just became manager of the French national squad. But that's because I took over Arsenal.

yeah i agree when i take over the arsenal he alway go on to manage france. but when i take over other team he still at arsenal for long time no matter what result is.

true but what happen if Arsenal had terrible run and finish in about 10th - 15th will he still be manager?

He was offered the Arsenal job for life. I guess because he's transformed the club into a mega-rich worldwide brand during his tenure they would be shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid. Loyalty iirc

Fired in my 07 at the end of the second season due to a board takeover. Lippi came in and spend over £100m, bringing in Pirlo, Ribery, Anelka, Richards, Collocini (ha!), Marcelo and Johnson. He also bought some of my deadwood.

Archived