best old player in Fm 2009

I am 3 seasons in managing Real Madrid. I was a little board at the end of last season, and fancied looking at the 'golden oldies'. I signed Rivaldo from his Uzbek team for like 40 or something. I played him in the early stages of league cup, and was incredible - scored bagfuls. But, can say I am confident enough to play him in the first team for the league and champions league. Just hoping now he takes up a coaching role at the club.

Legend!

Just because someone is an amazing player doesn't make them an amazing manager. Not everyone is Johan Cruijff. Look at SAF, never even been capped for Scotland.

And yah I would say Becks is the best old player in the game as well. Drogba can keep going for a few years and so can Lampard. I would also say Nesta is up their with Beckham.

Beckham and Javier Zanetti without a doubt. Beckham awesome stats for his age and just loves to kick a ball and well Zanetti he just breathes football, at the age of 38 he played week in week out, remained captain of Inter until 41! His stamina was amazing he was getting near 7.0 every game, finally went because he thought it would be best for the club, so I appointed him Ass Man of Inter :D

Is it just me or does beckham seem to have fixed skill ratings. He is now 38 in my game and still playing but none of his stats seem to have changed, yes he has slowed down a little bit but he still has the same technical abilities he did when he was 30. Im complaining because he wont join my team lol

Becks is class in this game! He's the pure MR archetype, his stats are amazing and he pretty much keeps being the best MR in the game until he retires. As far as I've played I haven't found a better MR than him that wasn't a regen ever.

Pirlo is also fairly good because he can go for miles. Until 34-35 his stats don't drop significantly and he is arguably one of the best DMs in the game.

I had a player called Craig Fraser for my Merthyr side who was a first team regular to the age of 38, then was used every so often until he retired at 40. I usually stick strictly to young players, but he was too good to drop. For Merthyr he made 624 appearances with 190 goals and a 7.45 rating. And also won Champions league Best player 5 times, English footballer of the year 11 times, World player of the year 5 times, World footballer of the year 3 times and Merthyr fans player of the year 10 times.

This HAS to be David Beckham. If you saw his stats on someone that wasnt David Beckham and was younger, they would be the best player in the game.

I signed him for Peterboro at the ripe age of 39. Scored on his debut, and since then........nothing but 5.8 / 5.9 performances. But either way Peterboro's nickname is "The Posh", as is Beckhams missus, so some potentially decent puns there.

Archived