Running out of contract.

not sure if the webster rule is in FM

webster rule

any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. The window is shortened to two years if he is 28 or older

bosman rule

player can sign a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has 6 months or less remaining

Originally posted by Saintmat:

I used the Bosman rule to get me Gabriel Tamas and Chavdar Yankov icon_biggrin.gif It is 6 months, I don't know where this 4 weeks is coming from... icon_confused.gif

Gabriel Tamas and Chavdar Yankov don't sound particularly English...

I was wondering something recently.

Charlton have just signed Stuart Fleetwood from Forest Green. He is under 24 and was out of contract so Charlton owed compensation.

I may be wrong, but a lot of my youngsters at man u leave to other clubs before they are 24 after their contract has expired and i dont get any compo.

Originally posted by AB-forever:

It's 6 months, but if you're an English club it's 4 or 6 weeks for players based in England (or is it UK?)

Its just in england, i have before signed players on frees from scotland by offering them contracts in january

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by the blue ferret:

I was wondering something recently.

Charlton have just signed Stuart Fleetwood from Forest Green. He is under 24 and was out of contract so Charlton owed compensation.

I may be wrong, but a lot of my youngsters at man u leave to other clubs before they are 24 after their contract has expired and i dont get any compo.

Duh you don't get compensation if their contract has expired, only if it has over 6 months remaining.

Have you seen how many players leave man utd and they dont get compensation for? It's usually because they chose to leave the club once their contract is up, and if they leave the country no compensation is due, it doesnt work quite right but sometimes you do have to pay compensation.

I got a player from tottenham once who was under 24 and had played in the first team, and consequentially I had to pay them compensation.

As for the general ruling, 6 months before hand, unless in England then it is only 6 weeks before.

Archived