Ideas for FMH08

Heres some of my ideas that i would likt to see in FMH08

Either a youth or B team in england instead of Spain and Germany.

Hiring and firing staff

More offers form rival clubs especially top players.

Ability to recall players from loan spells

Squad viewer when choosing team.

Appeals against sending offs.

Takeovers.( coz theyre happening all thetime now)

anybody else got any ideas?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres some of my ideas that i would likt to see in FMH08

Either a youth or B team in england instead of Spain and Germany.

Hiring and firing staff

More offers form rival clubs especially top players.

Ability to recall players from loan spells

Squad viewer when choosing team.

Appeals against sending offs.

Takeovers.( coz theyre happening all thetime now)

anybody else got any ideas?

• SI Staff

Please feel free to post ideas here - unfortunately we won't be able to indicate which ones we will be including in FMH2008 yet (as its far too early to mention such things) ... but we'll be listening icon_biggrin.gif

Idea for FMH08 - buy a pc!!!

Seriously though...great game. I've had every version of CM/FM since the original and this is great addition. Makes the trips to work enjoyable (now there's something I never thought I'd say).

Reserve squad: not necessarily to play matches. I'm thinking more of a dumping ground to get the useless players in my squad off the screen when I am trying to pick my team. They just get in the way. I only want to see about 20 of my squad as the rest won't get a look in until an injury crisis hits.

The Problem: I think the Sugar daddy unlockable is far too easy to unlock and seems to me like the kind of super unlockable that you would get in another game upon completing the 'story mode' to add to replayability. This is because it basically enables the player to buy any (and any number of) players that they want, hence being able to form a kind of super/favourites team to play with; a team that should annihilate any other in the league.

The Solution: this is something i would very much like to see implemented in FMH08- the challenge of winning ALL trophies on the game, with those won viewable from the main menu. Upon completing this, sugar daddy is enabled so you can build your dream team.

The Reasons: The sugar daddy option is (as i said) unlocked far too easily and should really only be unlocked to extend the games life, to make people want to play it again after achieving everything possible with their favourite team. It should essentially be there only for replayability. My new proposed method to unlock this means players have something to aim for; to try and achieve. It gives everyone a reason to play those other leagues that they perhaps currently dont really have any interest in. Personally i have played the game til my hands are red and raw, yet ive only managed 3 teams in 2 nations, as well as one national team. I felt that sugar daddy was an irresistible temptation even when i didnt want to use it, and upon enabling it the challenge was no longer there.

The game would benefit enormously from this new feature. Everyone would have a major target to aim for, essentially 'clocking' the game, whilst unlocking a feature that encourages them to build up their World All Stars team and keep playing even longer. Prematurely unlocking such bonuses and never getting any nearer to 'completion' is a real drawback, but this is in my opinion a worthy solution.

Another possibility to build on this is a hall of fame feature, where upon retiring, all trophies won in the managers career are added to the 'checklist' and the manager, along with his score in manager points goes on to the hall of fame (perhaps accompanied by teams managed, transfer stats, etc)

The A-League also needs some real <STRIKE>fine</STRIKE> tuning, SI know what im takin about icon_razz.gif. Wage caps, squad limits, ACL fitness problems, board expecting promotion, "European" stats appearing in player history rather than "Asian",etc.

I know its prob a pain coding but it really is a necessity for the league to be realistic

id like to see swap deals inluded, this would add a new dimension to the game.

A challenge mode could be added with unlockables once you complete so many challanges, e.g save club from administration and turn into top team.

you could also be offered a coaching position to a national team like whta Steve McClaren used to do.

Another good idea would be to have feeder clubs as there are so many about now, this benefiting your squad by sending youngsters out to gain experience and also giving you the chance of first pick of the othert teams players.

Also a first refusal option could be good aswell.

Cork_City_FC are you stupid, how do you think we all contribute to the forum by using a PC/ Laptop to access the Internet you fool.

I would like to see 'player of the month' or 'goal of the month' instead of 'manager of the month'.Also i would like to see how much money i have remaining and overall finances.One last thing would it be possible to produce something like nygreens FM scout so we can check out future regens.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is it not possible to utilise the memory stick in any way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the memory stick access speed is fairly slow so its not really possible to use it for virtual memory ... we might be able to up the player limits a little next year by improving our compression of data, but its too early to tell at present.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zapislo:

i don't want a 2d pitch, i think it would only ruin the game... i am really happy reading the text on very fast speed and watching the game stats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So don't watch the 2D engine then - it's not going to force you.

I only think the 2D engine should be included if it doesn't take up much room and can be gotten as right as possible. Personally I think it'll take up too much room from other more important things, and also take away development time from more important things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Cork_City_FC are you stupid, how do you think we all contribute to the forum by using a PC/ Laptop to access the Internet you fool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say you are the most ignorant person i have come across on these forums and I have reported you. Have you ever heard of an internet cafe? The psp allows web access even. Now please get back in your box and grow up (I assume you are about 10 years old from that comment). Did you not see the "Seriously though" part after that comment so it was quite obviousl tongue in cheek.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Cork i am not 10 years old and nor am i ignorant but why make such stupid comment in the first place. We are after serious comments here that may have an outcome on the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lighten up ridley. I made a joke and then gave a suggestion. Anyone who automatically calls someone else stupid and a fool IS ignorant...that means you ridley you noob. I just love internet forums. People think they can insult others no problem coz they are behind a pc. Try treating people like you would to their face and have some respect for others. Try treating them as you would like to be treated yourself.

More in depth tactics. It's a huge part of the game, it's fun to experiment, and I don't believe in the notion that watching the outcome is any more fun than actually planning it.

In addition and if possible, I'd like to see player histories dumped. For European squad reasons we can keep a list of the clubs the player has played for and the years he was there, but ditch the matches played and so forth for all but the current season, perhaps also last season at a stretch.

This would free up some room (I don't know exactly how much) which might be used to add one or two extra things that make a difference to the gameplay. Personally, I'd use that space to store actual finances and stadium data, if there was room, so that we could have an extra consideraton whilst playing.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cork_City_FC:

Cork i am not 10 years old and nor am i ignorant but why make such stupid comment in the first place. We are after serious comments here that may have an outcome on the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lighten up ridley. I made a joke and then gave a suggestion. Anyone who automatically calls someone else stupid and a fool IS ignorant...that means you ridley you noob. I just love internet forums. People think they can insult others no problem coz they are behind a pc. Try treating people like you would to their face and have some respect for others. Try treating them as you would like to be treated yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please calm down both of you - or I'll send my 4 year old son around for you to babysit .... then you'll know what 'childish' really is icon_wink.gif

match report if poss to relive the wonder goals, manager ratings - like player stats for loyalty, ambition, working with youngsters etc and reserve/youth sides would be super...

Anyway, as has been suggested above, i would like to see: ability to recall loans, player tradings, reserve squads. I would also like the ability to move to foreign clubs and more players from abroad available for purchase e.g Vanden Borre, Cardenas, milan etc

I would like to see an editor which is easier to use alot like the editor in FM2006 on PC when you enter the USB connection into the PC you can open it and edit the data on your PC.

And as many ppl have suggested: being able to recall loans and more transfer options. Making sure that it is possible to sign certain players e.g Fernando Gago is impossible to sign. no bid is accepted and you need to by him young for him to thrive.

And finally i cant ever get the board to accept any of my requests for more money for wages or transfers even though i won the treble on portsmmouth in my first season on 102 points. On FMH08 Can you plz make the board more leniant?

another point why not be able to offer trials to free agents are even players to decide if they are better than the stats say.

Maybe having open day trials for youngsters to come and have a trial or scouts going out and finding undiscovered talents from sunday league teams etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompey4Europe:

My main 2 suggestions: -

1. League tables during games !!! PLEASE !!!

2. Player pics (downloadable like the badges). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where would the player pics be displayed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompey4Europe:

The skins may differ in future versions.

FMH2007's skins allow you to choose between having logos or not. The same principle could possible apply in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where would these new skins display the pictures? On what screens?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

The skins may differ in future versions.

FMH2007's skins allow you to choose between having logos or not. The same principle could possible apply in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where would these new skins display the pictures? On what screens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In answer to the specific question, alongside the statistics for the individual player. As I said, depending on future skin layouts.

This years version added the feature of club logos. I cant see why future versions cant include player pictures.

as devs said before, the psp screen is not big enough for all the stats, so they merged some stats, so if they put a player pic in the stats screen (unless it is smth like 30x30pix) there will be even less space left for stats.

and another thing. what about future players? will they have real pics? of course not... personally i think this game is about statsand text, not graphics...

Archived