Lots of money, low club rep dilemma

I'm looking to hear what people do when faced with this problem.

What do you do to improve your club when you have lots of money but your club's reputation is so low that better players don't want to join your club? I've had a similar problem when managing in MLS but now I'm managing a small Chilean club. Using those Chinese Omg tactics, signing unattached and pre-contract players, and selling players on I've managing to build up my finances. But what do I do now? The board is already looking at upgrading training and youth facilities. I have one coach for each training area, should I get more coaches?

Thanks

Managing in the Chilean league means you'll only get so far in regards to reputation. You can increase your reputation, but not the league you manage in, meaning good players will be hard to sign as they'll almost certainly be making a step down.

Managing in the Chilean league means you'll only get so far in regards to reputation. You can increase your reputation, but not the league you manage in, meaning good players will be hard to sign as they'll almost certainly be making a step down.

It sounds like you know exactly what I'm talking about. Despite loading all players from all of South America, I haven't found even 1 Brazilian who will sign with me who would make it onto the bench. Argentines don't seem interested either. I don't think any non-South Americans that I've been interested in have been willing to come. I've had some success with Paraguayans, Colombians, and especially Peruvians.

Oh, and my starters aren't interested in re-signing with me either.

I have the same problem with a Peruvian club, who I've got as far as possible in terms of player quality. Now they keep leaving. I set the league rep to 20, so it won't max until it reaches 10000, but the players will all leave before that happens :(

its been said, that its very hard to impossible to increase league reputation, even if you win 40 champions leauge.

what you can do, expecially now when we getting closer to 10, is using an editor and chan ge league reputation there.

its the onl way i know of.

or you can just wait sometime for 10.

Buy for the future.

Scout every player in Brazil under the age of 16. They will almost all have buy-out clauses of 170k or less even the really promising ones. They'll also be on extremely low wages.

They aren't interested in signing for me.

They aren't interested in signing for me.

Are you in the top division? If not then must be better players in Chile who you could sign. Just follow the Man City policy of buying players who are slightly better than the ones you already have and raising your reputation that way.

You should also be buying the best young Chileans and putting them in your youth team.

I just took over Leeds in the Championship after they had a tycoon takeover.

Their rep makes a few decent players interested, but not too many. What I did was to sign ten English newgen youngsters <18 with leading EPL potential along with 4 players for immediate improvement of the squad.

By that Leeds will have a great team in 3 years time anyway. Even if no promotion is achieved by then you should have a great squad after a bit of time (if you are still there then) and even club-homegrown. If nothing else helps, that (along with some patience) does the job :):thup:

Archived