Anybody planning transfers for FM 2010?

I know it's a bit premature but does anybody have plans for thier first signings.

I know most people know what team they will start as. Surely you should know by now what weaknesses these positions have?

I know I'm going to be starting as Man Utd and I already have my first plans for the team.

I know the RB to me is a potential weakness and the GK so I'm going to shop around and find a good experianced RB to give the team stability whilst I focus on bringing Rafael up to the standard I like. Whilst also offloading Brown and then going to Sell Kuzchack and find a young GK to give competition to Foster when VDS packs it in.

I'm not completley sure who I am going to be yet. But out of the possible teams I've assesed possible weaknesses in the team (or subconsciously anyway) and know the positions that need improving. In terms of those players I'll have to wait and see but I guess we know who the start game best players will be, but FM allways throw up some great youngsters who take time to develop. I love finding young talent and buliding for the future so for me I'll have to wait and go from there. :p

I'm not completley sure who I am going to be yet. But out of the possible teams I've assesed possible weaknesses in the team (or subconsciously anyway) and know the positions that need improving. In terms of those players I'll have to wait and see but I guess we know who the start game best players will be, but FM allways throw up some great youngsters who take time to develop. I love finding young talent and buliding for the future so for me I'll have to wait and go from there. :p

I will be managing Dover Athletic, who to be fair have a good squad of young players that play in several positions but probably only have 15 or 16 first team players. I need a couple of squad filllers (Probably loans from Gillingham if I can)

I know it's a bit premature but does anybody have plans for thier first signings.

I know most people know what team they will start as. Surely you should know by now what weaknesses these positions have?

I know I'm going to be starting as Man Utd and I already have my first plans for the team.

I know the RB to me is a potential weakness and the GK so I'm going to shop around and find a good experianced RB to give the team stability whilst I focus on bringing Rafael up to the standard I like. Whilst also offloading Brown and then going to Sell Kuzchack and find a young GK to give competition to Foster when VDS packs it in.

I reckon O' Shea is a pretty good right back

I reckon O' Shea is a pretty good right back

True, but I feel O'Shea is my backup player for all positions. If say Evra gets injured before a big game, I'd rather put O'Shea in there rather than Fabio so having a first choice right back.

Like to sign an english player for the right back spot who will give me a few years service in which I can develop Rafael. But there's no real suitable targets out there, 25-26 is the age I aim for usually. Glen Johnson was my RB target in FM 09, but that's out the window with him at Liverpool now.

If I were managing City, I'd also consider changing keepers. As Irish I know how good Shay is, however this is always underrated in FM. Coupled with the fact Citycould easily sign arguably the best keeper in the game Akinfeev without worrying about finances.

I was so determined to sign Akinfeev in FM 09 after a few seasons when Foster was getting bitchy about wanting to leave despite the fact we were dominating every competition around and he was first choice. Ended up ditching him and spent ages trying to get Akinfeev for a reasonable fee, then City came in with 24 million and snatched him.

Ended up settling for Pletikosa however and finished the following season with the tightest defence in the league (14 conceeded all season)

I reckon midfield is where i'll be strengthening when I take over at Liverpool, and probably on the wings again, and up front.... pretty much everywhere!

Sounds abit like Liverpool IRL, great first team but lacks in depth which is thier problem this year and last!

I'm going to manage Brøndby and I will be looking for a good central midfielder with some tackling skills as brøndby have alot of good technical players but lacks some strength and good tackling skills in the central midfield and a centerback for the defence as those they have now, are injuried very often (except Max von Schlebrügge).

I'll be Palace and I'll be looking to bring in Carlos Bueno and Garry O'Connor (FWDs), Sun Jihai if he is still a free agent, and anyone else on loan who can help out in defence! I'll be looking to my youths primarily - I want my academy to feed the first team a fair bit!

Rangers as always:

Ill be looking for a CB to replace Weir who is simply too old for the SPL never mind the CL this season.

The rest of the team seems ok though i have to say... Fullbacks shouldnt be a problem, neither should midfield, wingers or attack.

Which is a good thing because i doubt id be able to afford more than one player in the Summer anyway.

Norwich as always.

Right wing I would guess would be an area for strengthening.

I'll inherit a sizeable squad, many of which are unknowns. Can't wait to see how good Grant Holt is in the game.

Transfer budget should be just about nil in keeping with the financial challenges in real life:(.

As a City fan it will be strange having to resist buying attacking players on focusing on my defence (RB & RM probably main priorities, though may need a new LB and AM too)

I'm going to play as City as well, and I think I'll need more depth in central midfield as Wellens, King and Oakley may not be enough.

Man City for me as usual.

Read in the data forums here the Dutch researcher spilled the beans on Luis Suárez CA, I dunno if I can say here but it's VERY VERY high. Also the chief Germany researcher has said many times that Dzeko should be highly rated, probably close to a world class PA so need to fetch him!

Also, I have an inkling about Dzagoev being even better rated this year ;)

LOL Yes! I rarely manage at top level,I like L1/L2, so unless I am starting at Prem level I am keeping an eye out for Sol Campbell - he will be free. His mental approach to the game must be questionable though, he has made various "irrational" off - field decisions in his career and I would also expect that to be part of his FM10 Mental make up. I really hope this Post is not taken as defamitory but I feel these points are true & correct.

With the new editor in fm2010, I plan to activate lower down the league structure as possibly manage Dereham Town in Level 9, wanted to go for my closest local team, but they are in level 11 which I feel may be too much for the old processor to take.

I hoping Dereham will still have a link with Norwich and hope to pilfer a few of our up and coming youngsters on loan, Jed Steer, David Stephens and Dario Dumic. Think players like Daley, Adeyemi and Smith will be impossible to get this season.

With Wellington the right back spot is a disaster (I know Manny Muscat is a malta rep but he just doesn't cut it), some depth in the heart of midfield, a solid DM and a new centre back for rotation.

Gonna be tough to find them if the A League is as broken as last year....

Aston Villa:

GK: Friedel, Guzan

RB: Young, Beye

LB: Warnock, Bouma

CB: Collins, Davies

CB: Dunne, Cuellar.

RM: Milner, Albrighton

LM: Young, Downing

CM: Reo-Coker, Petrov,

CM: Sidwell, Delph

AM: SIGN SOMEONE HERE.

ST: Agbonlahor, Carew, Delfouneso.

That's it for me I think, maybe another winger/attacking midfielder.

Sell Shorey, Osbourne, Gardner, Heskey, Harewood.

I'll be playing as Liverpool first up and my primary target will be somebody who can play across the three behind Torres, especially on the left. Probably Mata from Valencia as he won't cost an arm and a leg and can play Stevie or Riera's positions brilliantly. That'll give me Benayoun to play as backup across those three.

Central midfield is fine with Lucas or Mascherano for the covering position and Gerrard or Aquillani for the other. Aurelio or Benayoun can be jammed in there if absolutely necessary.

No need for any more strikers although I'll scout around for potentially brilliant youngsters who I can snap up cheaply/for free. Torres will be my main man but I'll also have Kuyt, N'Gog and Babel who are all capable. Kuyt is quite reliable and Babel and N'Gog will improve.

A top-notch central defender who can also cover Glen Johnson will also be on the cards if I can get enough money for the likes of Riera and Dossena. One with great pace and good aerial ability. I usually bought Zapata in FM09 and let him spend a season on the right rotating with Arbeloa (and training up his technical stats) before shifting him central to partner mostly Daniel Agger.

Keeper is obviously no problem with Pepe absolutely world class.

Season two I'll be going after Ashley Young most likely, assuming I didn't get him instead of Mata of course. He's English, he's class and he's young. If I did get him instead of Mata then I'll probably set my sights on Aguero or somebody else who can become world-class with exceptional pace. I'd teach him to play on the wing but would probably have him mainly behind Torres.

Most of the games I play I start unemployed but one of them I normally take over the (mighty?) Owls. To be honest, with the exception of Grant in goal, Tudgay up front and youngsters like Spurr and Beevers at like the back, most of the team will need an overhaul. Midfield the place to start then....:rolleyes:

I plan on starting in the BSS with either Truro City or Chelmsford City, so I may fall back on the players I know and trust from FM09 if I can't find alternatives.

Truro City would need to come up from the Southern Premier League after holidaying for a year, so I have no clue about what their squad will be like. Last year at Chelmsford, my defence was always weakest (not helped by the fact I usually run an attacking 442 with both full backs Often on Forward Runs!) Aiden Palmer, my first choice LB while there, is currently in prison for his involvement with gang violence, so it looks like I'm going to have to find a replacement for him first! :(

As always i will start as United, with the sqaud we've got i will need to buy LM probably buy Ashley Young who i wanted Sir Alex to buy this summer maybe Silva, Jovetic or Guardado, RB Srna as there aren't many good english for this position, CM Dzageov very good player, seen him for CSKA a few times on ESPN and looks quite good and maybe a GK if the board give me the money left over from selling Ronaldo

Archived