GRrrr... everyone wants to leave!

I'm in the Jan transfer window in 08/09 as Man Utd manager, and Real Madrid and Chelsea's been trying to unsettle my players non stop.

So far, my Anderson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra all said they are tempted to go to Real Madrid/Chelsea despite all of them playing regularly, and we are top of the league.

From what I believe, Man Utd shouldn't have too low a reputation so I can't really understand why all the players would jump at the chance to leave as soon as they've been linked.

Also, is there anything as the human AI to combat these unsettling tactics?

I've experienced this with many of my top players saying they would be 'tempted'. I guess anybody would be 'tempted' if Real Madrid came sniffing around but in reality it is only a temptation. If you are successful, and your player(s) have very good morale then after a while they will realise that they are better off staying! And Real Madrid and Chelsea will go elsewhere. :)

If you were at a lesser club then I may be worried but in this case you should be fine. Also give them a taste of their own medicine, I'm sure they won't like it! You could offer the player a new contract (but this may be unstainable in the long run) or maybe go to the media and praise the player.

Ok, will do. I have noticed that when they offer, my player's agent's been saying they want to discuss with Real Madrid/Chelsea.. but I told those clubs to look elsewhere anyways.

I just find it annoying that my players seem so unloyal! haha

It's not difficult to play as Man Utd, but I don't expect their players to be that readily willing to leave.

If i was a CCC team, and Chelsea offered, then yeah, I expect them to go.

But Man Utd?

Rio's pretty much the type of defender I want and I've done a search and can't really find a ready replacement.

The next time you get an offer for Ferdinand ask for 75.000.000. That's better than just saying - no way -

Yeah, but Ive experienced that when teams bid for my players it is often a non-negotiable bid and I am therefore unable to do that! :)

the AI cheats, i manage Arsenal on a game spend almost 30m getting Toni and then as soon i got him, Inter wanted him and he wanted out, and the AI always buys players at a lower price, Ronaldo went from MU to Barcelona for only 30m, Messi from Barcelona to Chelsea for 33m.

I'm in the Jan transfer window in 08/09 as Man Utd manager, and Real Madrid and Chelsea's been trying to unsettle my players non stop.

So far, my Anderson, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra all said they are tempted to go to Real Madrid/Chelsea despite all of them playing regularly, and we are top of the league.

From what I believe, Man Utd shouldn't have too low a reputation so I can't really understand why all the players would jump at the chance to leave as soon as they've been linked.

Also, is there anything as the human AI to combat these unsettling tactics?

You are compeletely right it happens all the time and theres nothin you can do about it. There must be an option to literally beat a player, like Alex Ferguson does sometimes :D

Archived