Whats the lowest league in england can you play in FM10?

Not out of the box. But the new data editor will allow it to be easily unlocked and made playable. In fact with the new editor any league / country in the game 'could' now be playable :)

any ideas on how to edit it? :)

The best way is to get someone else to do it :D

I'll be logging on here on the day of release to download the first patch, then off to the editors hideout to download the English leagues as low as I can go.

Then I am off to play a career save starting as Dover in Blue Square South with a feeder club in the Kent Premier League woooo

any ideas on how to edit it? :)

As far as I understand, there are many leagues already in the system which aren't playable at the beginning (including the next tier down in the English system) and all you would need to do is activate them. They wouldn't take any other setting up as league rules, clubs in league etc. already exist. So in theory it should be very very easy.

As far as I know, step 5 clubs are in the current database but only certain step 6 clubs are included (presumably those with a history at a higher level).

I think this editor will be good for non-League football. Hopefully educate a few FMers who don't know much about non-League and encourage people to go and support their local non-League team as well. :)

Regards,

C.

As far as I understand, there are many leagues already in the system which aren't playable at the beginning (including the next tier down in the English system) and all you would need to do is activate them. They wouldn't take any other setting up as league rules, clubs in league etc. already exist. So in theory it should be very very easy.

Any ideas how they will be activated or will SI post something here on the forums about activating lower tier leagues??

i thought only tier 8 and above was in the database?

are you sure

It depends on the region. In the 09 database I found that the Jewson Wessex League Premier division (my local league and Step 9) had all teams present, but the Jewson Wessex League First Division (Step 10) teams were not in the editor. In contrast I found some Step 10 teams present from other parts of the country. I believe one of them was AFC Liverpool.

As for players, well teams in the the Regional Premier leagues (Step 7, below the BSS/N) should have rather complete squads. This should likely become more patchy for Step 8 and incredibly patchy for Step 9 and below. Many of the teams in the Jewson Wessex league had no players at all in the 09 database. Poole Town, one of the better teams had just a few players. There were a few more in the database, either unattached or at the wrong clubs.

I expect some extra research to have been done, but it is not up to SI to have this accurate. They are merely providing us with the ability to recreate the leagues. It is up to the community to fully flesh them out to a level they want to.

As for how to recreate the leagues yourself, then you want to read the blogs. Days 11 and 12 are the ones you want.

As far as I know, step 5 clubs are in the current database but only certain step 6 clubs are included (presumably those with a history at a higher level).

I think this editor will be good for non-League football. Hopefully educate a few FMers who don't know much about non-League and encourage people to go and support their local non-League team as well. :)

Regards,

C.

That's certainly one of my hopes as well :thup:

Also, a plea in general;

Please discuss the English Non Leagues using the 'Level' system (where Level 1 is the Premier League), or the 'Step' System (Where Step 1 is the Blue Square Premier). Using the term 'Tiers' is both inaccurate and causes confusion!

Whilst on the subject, if I active the next level down (ryman,unibond prem etc) will the players be there or will they have to be created??

Thanks.

The players will be there for the most part, although some teams aren't researched.

There's a player in the FM09 database with a CA of 1, a PA of 2, and a personality of "Model Citizen". I don't know whether he'd be worth having in a side or not.

Haha, that's a good one.

Name? I might get him as my captain if I really play in the lowest leagues. And I presume his transfer fee is a pair of boots?

I can't remember his name. I did a search for Ambition, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship and Temperament all 17 or higher, and got half a dozen or so players, one of them this fabled PA 2 player.

A potential problem with creating all leagues as low as FM can accomodate teams for: there will be no teams left in the database to replace the teams relegated from the lowest leagues. Thus, there will be no relegation there. I wonder if peoples' solutions will be to live with it or to delete the bottom-most league creating pools of promotable (initially) non-playable teams and allow relegation again.

From Wikipedia

North West Counties Football League Division One (Vodkat League Division One) 18 clubs

Northern Counties East Football League Division One (Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One) 19 clubs

East Midlands Counties Football League 18 clubs

Northern League Division Two (Skilltrainingltd Northern League Division Two) 20 clubs

Western League Division One (Toolstation League Division One) 21 clubs

South West Peninsula League Premier Division (Carlsberg South West Peninsula Premier Division) 20 clubs

Wessex League Division One (Sydenhams Wessex League Division One) 21 clubs

Sussex County League Division Two 18 clubs

Hellenic Football League Division One West (FTB Futbol Hellenic League Division One West) 17 clubs

Hellenic Football League Division One East (FTB Futbol Hellenic League Division One East) 18 clubs

United Counties League Division One (Eagle Bitter United Counties League Division One) 16 clubs

Eastern Counties Football League Division One (Ridgeons Football League First Division) 20 clubs

Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One (Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One) 21 clubs

Combined Counties League Division One (Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League Division One) 21 clubs

West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division (Sport Italia West Midlands League Premier Division) 21 clubs

Midland Football Combination Premier Division 21 clubs

Having these league will be FB

It's me tbh.

Nah, you don't have 20 for the hidden attribute 'humility'.:D

A potential problem with creating all leagues as low as FM can accomodate teams for: there will be no teams left in the database to replace the teams relegated from the lowest leagues. Thus, there will be no relegation there. I wonder if peoples' solutions will be to live with it or to delete the bottom-most league creating pools of promotable (initially) non-playable teams and allow relegation again.

Do teams in the lowest leagues get relegated irl anyway?

From Wikipedia

North West Counties Football League Division One (Vodkat League Division One) 18 clubs

Northern Counties East Football League Division One (Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One) 19 clubs

East Midlands Counties Football League 18 clubs

Northern League Division Two (Skilltrainingltd Northern League Division Two) 20 clubs

Western League Division One (Toolstation League Division One) 21 clubs

South West Peninsula League Premier Division (Carlsberg South West Peninsula Premier Division) 20 clubs

Wessex League Division One (Sydenhams Wessex League Division One) 21 clubs

Sussex County League Division Two 18 clubs

Hellenic Football League Division One West (FTB Futbol Hellenic League Division One West) 17 clubs

Hellenic Football League Division One East (FTB Futbol Hellenic League Division One East) 18 clubs

United Counties League Division One (Eagle Bitter United Counties League Division One) 16 clubs

Eastern Counties Football League Division One (Ridgeons Football League First Division) 20 clubs

Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One (Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One) 21 clubs

Combined Counties League Division One (Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League Division One) 21 clubs

West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division (Sport Italia West Midlands League Premier Division) 21 clubs

Midland Football Combination Premier Division 21 clubs

Having these league will be FB

I plan to make playable leagues stop at Level 8 and have the above leagues (level 9) non-playable to merely produce the promoted teams. I think that will produce enough teams for me to have a wider choice and I will not have to seriously contend with having to massively flesh out squads.

I am sure there will be updates released with more complete squads. Only then can I really consider having level 9 playable. I can almost complete squads for some teams but I don't think it will make FM all that realistic to have a full team playing lots of teams of greys all season.

Oh, and what do you mean by FB, Bobatwal?

There is relegation all the way down to level 24 of the English Football league System. Vice versa, a team from the Bristol Downs league could feasibly be promoted all the way to the Premiership...however unlikely.

In the real world there would rarely be movement between every division for reasons of stadium criteria and other random factors. One of my local teams, Poole Town were refused promotion from the Wessex League last year due to their ground not meeting requirements for the Southern League Divison One. That is unlikely to happen in FM just yet. If it does I'll really take my hat off to SI.

If you wanted full realism then the only league you could run the game to and not have to worry about realistic relegation is the Bristol Downs League Division 4. I am not sure how much of a hassle some participants being reserve, second or even third teams would cause for editing.

If you stop the game at Level 9 (the fullest level in the 09 database I believe) and have nothing below it then there may be problems with relegations and promoted teams. You would probably have to at least create some teams for level 10...and the leagues to go with them. That will be a lot of work if you want full realism, and by that I mean players so teams don't come up to playable leagues with squads full of grey players. I want to stop at level 8 but still feel I need more players in level 9. I'll likely spend the first week just editing the database as best I can. Hopefully they will include the database with the demo. As long as the demo does not allow for new games (just quick games) then I can't see that being a problem.

There you go, long answer for a short question.

"Lowest leagues", no. But I meant the lowest leagues addable in FM. Those leagues all do have relegation. As has been said before, the English system extends to a maximum of 24 levels (in Bristol) and I think the highest "bottom division" is at level 14. Any league implementable in FM10 should have relegation.

I plan to make playable leagues stop at Level 8 and have the above leagues (level 9) non-playable to merely produce the promoted teams. I think that will produce enough teams for me to have a wider choice and I will not have to seriously contend with having to massively flesh out squads.

I am sure there will be updates released with more complete squads. Only then can I really consider having level 9 playable. I can almost complete squads for some teams but I don't think it will make FM all that realistic to have a full team playing lots of teams of greys all season.

Oh, and what do you mean by FB, Bobatwal?

The leagues listed by Bob are Level 10.

Regards,

C.

Totally agree, it will be great to have the ability to play the bottom leagues. None of them will have any money though. There needs to be plenty of free players to sign each year.

The leagues listed by Bob are Level 10.

Very true, my mistake. I just saw Wessex and thought level 9. Doesn't change my point of course. I still think I'd prefer to stop at level 8 and have level 9 the first non-playable league that produces the teams for promotion to a new season. Level 10 is the first level that is not complete in the FM databases up till now.

At least I didn't say tier, eh, or I'd really be in the doghouse. ;):eek:

Pease Pottage Village are in there, and they are Level 11.

Thats the place where the little services is at the end of the M23 on the way to Brighton isn't it.

Stopped there a few times, and once had a look around the village. Looks a lovely place:thup:

Thats the place where the little services is at the end of the M23 on the way to Brighton isn't it.

Stopped there a few times, and once had a look around the village. Looks a lovely place:thup:

Yep.

Hopeless team though; not including today's result, they've played 7, won 1, lost 6, scored 4 and conceded 22.

Will be a good challenge for someone when I get my database out for FM10 ;)

Very true, my mistake. I just saw Wessex and thought level 9. Doesn't change my point of course. I still think I'd prefer to stop at level 8 and have level 9 the first non-playable league that produces the teams for promotion to a new season. Level 10 is the first level that is not complete in the FM databases up till now.

At least I didn't say tier, eh, or I'd really be in the doghouse. ;):eek:

Absolutley, understood you, just being a bit pedantic. You find that amongst Non League fans ;)

Archived