Dream trainning in fm

See this web site : sorry it's in french but imagine this in Fm training :

- tactical exercices ( left of the site )

- technical exercices ( left of the site )

- phisical excerces ( left of the site )

http://www.entraineurdefoot.com/techniqexo.html

Almost 200 types of diffrent exercices for a real manager to create.

Imagine that you can create your own excercice among 200 of them !!!

A full data base of 200 or more different exercices to choose and plan 10 of them every week in function of what you want and the next match and your philosophy of training?

Miles, Is it a dream or can be realised in a game in the future ?

Yes, the current system is based on this, but if you want a specific train on "dribble" or on "taking space" etc.., you are blocked.

A full database of all the training in the world in FM ( maybe 500 I don't know exactly ) , and than you choose what you want "exactly" for a specific player in a very specific "micro-area".

It will be total different than other game and you do what you want ( it's SI philosophy ).

Thanks.

Nice idea in principle but the current system (vague as it is) encompasses this anyway.

For example.

Intensive shooting training would mean 6 of the 10 sessions are shooting related. I like training the way it is.

For me the current training system is bland and involves little interaction. Yes telling a player to place his shots etc is a step in the right direction but using the sliders to determine the types of training is lacking in imagination. Then setting the training for gk, d, dm, am, and forwards and any individual training does the job but I feel this needs to be developed. (yes I guess training is something that has to be done and can be quite boaring) but just just feel that it needs to be significantly improved.

I'm not sure how but back in the day on either CM 4 or 03/04 I think you had to set up the training programme for the week, i.e. cross country, weights, five-a-side, sprints, heading, watch video of opposition etc and I'm not saying to go back to this but I had the sense of being the manager and taking the training session with it seeming more real than the sliders that we use today! Its a bit to monotonous which is lacking in creativity. Thers then not much feedback about training, only a monthly report that sais player x has improved in his mental attributes where as player q had developed his physical etc. Ok great but tell me more, what can I do to improve and it just seems that there is no interaction between the coaches as they play a very important role in the development of the players and saying player Z has trained well over the past month is just great! You might as well be speaking to a brick wall. :)

It used to be done with only 10-20 different exercices.

I'm talking about a full data base of maybe 500 existing exercices in the world and implemente some of them in your team, it will make you feel that you create a specific training system for your team, as you create a team with many possibilities of tactics.

Of course you won't plan in a season all the exercices, as it will depend on your philososphy management.

Do a trainning as many differents ways you want.

That's how training used to be done, but it was way too complicated.

It used to be done with only 10-20 different exercices.

I'm talking about a full data base of maybe 500 existing exercices in the world and implemente some of them in your team, it will make you feel that you create a specific training system for your team, as you create a team with many possibilities of tactics.

Of course you won't plan in a season all the exercices, as it will depend on your philososphy management.

Do a trainning as many differents ways you want.

Sounds encouraging! Please may you elaborate?

Edit: You maybe should have had this thread as a suggestion. Also it may be worth posting this in the future versions wish list.

I've posted the this idea in the future versions wih list, let's hope someone of SI will like this idea, it's a different idea and can reach the dream of many FM fans where you can do whatever you want.

Keep dreaming, SI will do it for you !!!

Sounds encouraging! Please may you elaborate?

Edit: You maybe should have had this thread as a suggestion. Also it may be worth posting this in the future versions wish list.

I'm not sure how but back in the day on either CM 4 or 03/04 I think you had to set up the training programme for the week, i.e. cross country, weights, five-a-side, sprints, heading, watch video of opposition etc and I'm not saying to go back to this but I had the sense of being the manager and taking the training session with it seeming more real than the sliders that we use today! I

The mechanics of the previous system were exactly the same as the current system. The different exercises were simply different combinations of sliders. The current system is more streamlined as you know exactly what attributes you are training. And since this isn't an rpg/pro-evo you shouldn't expect weekly increases of attributes due to training. Training is well represented in the sense that it's used to shape the growth of player's attributes. Actual growth (of CA) is determined by match experience and player's potential.

Yes, any improvement should be usefull and giving a choice to everybody, some people will like small detail to manage, other will leave to the Assistant. Each and every exercices should interact.

I would like to manage each detail of training if it's not boring and if I know some visible impact will be on the game.

Si SI should a long time to think before changing, I would like to see training realistic and very different from other game.

TER,

I know i will be tough for you all, it was just an idea in order to do as it's in real.

Many people likes small details like me. I wanted an idea very different from other mangement game and very close to real management.

Anyway, you and your team will know better what will be good for fans.

Thanks.

I think having 200 (or 500 as you mentioned!) different exercises to choose from would just overcomplicate things.

The mechanics of the previous system were exactly the same as the current system. The different exercises were simply different combinations of sliders. The current system is more streamlined as you know exactly what attributes you are training. And since this isn't an rpg/pro-evo you shouldn't expect weekly increases of attributes due to training. Training is well represented in the sense that it's used to shape the growth of player's attributes. Actual growth (of CA) is determined by match experience and player's potential.

Yes I appreciate that the sliders do resemble this. But I am looking for like mightymind, a more hands on approach to training and something to really get your teeth stuck into. I just feel you set the training for each position and special position and then just drag your players into it in terms of their position. And maybe like in the preferred move of a player interaction they can practise that move and thus have that facility to perform in a match.

This I think can be added into the training in a similar way, e.g. have prefered team moves that with alot of practise can be implemented into an actual game. And once you have the best coaches and training facilites then maybe there could be various preferred team moves and each move has a set level from 1-5 that have to be worked upon and improved over the years. And this influences the players, e.g. at Barcelona the 3 players, Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi bulid up this chemistry together through the training and after 3 years for example they have various prefered moves that are maxed out at level 5. But if one of the players is sold then the chemistry level is thus reduced to 3 for example on a team level and then a new player can then bulid up his chemistry and team and new midfield moves for example.

IRL it takes years it build a team bond and learn each others style of play and how to get the best out of each other and complement one another. In FM it seems that the start of the game you set your training schedules and that is it. In three years time when you sign a new striker you think oohh I need to place him in the stricker training then that is it for the rest of his career at the club-does that not seem a bit basic??????

A bit of feedback from the coaches and assistant manager regarding training. If for example a striker is having a goal drought then maybe the assistant can say maybe you need to do this to your training or he needs to improve his heading (but you cannot just improve the heading stat in FM09 as it is combines with other attributes aswell) or lets get the winger to drill the balls in low into the six yard box becasue thats where we can get the best out of this player. I'm not saying this needs to be implmented into future FM's but something along those lines????????????????? Training is boaring, unimaginative, and needs to be more crucial in the game and just think there is no differentiation between the managers that play FM - with everyone doing the same thing because there is no alternative!!!!! :)

Archived