Feeder Clubs!

Bit of a rant, I'm afraid. But basically, feeder teams are next to useless. My one major gripe is that they always seem to 'pull out of the deal after securing their preferred loan targets', even when they haven't loaned any more than one of my players.

The thing is, if you offer, let's say, 5 players to one feeder team at the same time it's fine, but if you offer the same five players, in exactly the same conditions and at the same time of year, but offer two of them on the first day and the other three the day after, the feeder team will only take the first two guys.

I think feeder teams should have to take on all players that their parent club offers to them. As it says in the game, they don't have to play the player, but it would be a whole lot better having them there than saying no to a bigger club.

Phew! Okay, rant over.

Personally, I don't see much benefit in feeder clubs. For example - I'll buy some really great potential players with work permit problems, loan them to my WP feeder club, and they won't have improved at all, and have lost 3 years of development. Domestic feeder clubs are alright, I can't say that I've witnessed the problems you state, BSN/S clubs can only loan 2 players for the season if this affects you at all?

Parent clubs on the other hand, great!. Source of income and free players, works a treat if you yourself are anything from L2 to BSN/S (Yes I play England a lot).

Domestic feeder clubs are alright, I can't say that I've witnessed the problems you state, BSN/S clubs can only loan 2 players for the season if this affects you at all?

No, I'm playing as a Prem team, with 3 feeder teams in the Championship. If I offer two players to them each, and they loan those players, they won't accept any more players on loan for at least two months. :(

No, I'm playing as a Prem team, with 3 feeder teams in the Championship. If I offer two players to them each, and they loan those players, they won't accept any more players on loan for at least two months. :(

Some leagues have restrictions on the number of loans a team is allowed to have at any one time, I'm pretty sure England is one of them.

Have to disagree, I'm a big fan of the feeder/parent clubs feature. I have in my latest save found that my board come back with very poor options (arabic, australian, american clubs) mostly just commercial links though.

The biggest downside is the length of time you have to wait between making these requests. Its great once the board allow you to nominate a particular club though.

Well, I love parent clubs, but I agree that feeder clubs are of hardly any use.

The first problem is that I have never seen my youngsters develop better when getting match practice in a lower division compared to those who I kept on my state of the art training ground with top coaches. Both effects seem to be the same, so I rather keep the guys with me.

The second problem is that first options are not needed either. Of course they will accept an offer from me anyway if I offer the same as another accepted offer, so where is the advantage? Being notified that a L1 club is selling a reserves player?

The only clubs of use are the commercial feeders. Though I have recently read that this only kicks in if you sign an international top star and otherwise you just pay them too much. Does anybody know a bit more on that?

Feeder clubs are a great help, i'm surprised people are dismissing them so quickly. It's a great way to loan your young players out without having to mess around with 'Offer out to Loan' and then see the bids come in from teams wanting to loan, then buy the player, which you didn't want.

I've loaned several of my Inter Under 20's out, the most promising players, and they've all developed increases in their CA playing for Bari and Treviso which i doubt they would have happened if they were playing in my youth team every week.

I've never noticed a club saying 'No' to a player before, i've seen players reject the move because the Feeder Club doesn't play in a high league or the club rep is too low, which is realistic.

The only clubs of use are the commercial feeders. Though I have recently read that this only kicks in if you sign an international top star and otherwise you just pay them too much. Does anybody know a bit more on that?

Have a look at my thread on Merchandise and Commercial Feeder Clubs

Basically, they don't do much just sitting there. You need to be active in the transfer window and you'll see massive increases year on year, more than you're paying the Commercial club.

As I only have 1 league loaded up (I regret it already)

The only way time I see if any of my feeder clubs are actually playing my players is if they're in Europe Competition.

At the moment I have 3 clubs who are Euro capable.

• One in Turkey, Scotland & Norway. Havent really used Stabaek or Sivasspor yet, but have used Dundee a couple of times
  • One WP club in Belgium (obviously). Charleroi always get one or two from me each season, then I sell the player for profit as they were usually signed on free transfers.
  • One National Loan. Nottm Forest get usually a couple of youngsters every season and
  • 3 Commercial/First buy Clubs in Japan, U.S.A, & Mexico.

I haven't had any problems in having players accepted or denied, they always seemed to agree to go and/or be taken

I find that feeders only start rejecting loans when they already have about 4 or 5 loanees, at which point I start loaning to a different feeder. I'm hugely glad about feeders, because I can NEVER get a club to loan my players otherwise. I never ask for wage contribution, I never ask for a loan fee, and I've seen wonderkids, PL-class players, rising players on their way to the top, players bought for their future potential, all of them fail to find a single loan offer from any club at all when I offer them on loan, and long before the rest of the clubs have finished their transfer business...

Archived