Work Permits

Is it just me or are work permits almost impossible to get for overseas players, I have maybe had 3 out of 100 applications applied for accepted and the appeals never seem to work. Is their any way I can increase the chances of getting work permits and also does being a part time and full time player have any bearing the outcome?

from memory i think they need to have played in at least 75% of their countrys last 15 (not sure of this figure but its around that anyway) international fixtures or they have to have amazing potential if they are young i think.

Not sure if part-time/full time has a bearing on it, it might do... I know on 08 if you offered a player a youth contract, then the WP would always get turned down. Try always offering them full-time contracts. Also, try and get yourself a WP feeder club, if you can. that way, the transfer will go through whether they get a WP or not!

Im not entirely sure on 09, as i dont own it! You used to be able to just ask the board for a feeder club, and they will come back with a selection. If you can request your own, theni'd try and pick one from Belgium, as it only takes 3 years for players to gain Belgian nationality...

In order for a player to qualify for a work permit he has to have played in at least 75% of his country's 'A' games in the past 2 years. An 'A' game is a full international game; B games, U21, U19, etc don't count towards the total. In some instances though, a player would qualify for one if he is deemed as an excellent prospect and a future international player.

Archived