Football Manager Developers

I love football manager

One thing I've always wondered is if the developers play this game out of hours and have the same amount of love and fun from the game. I wondered if it would be a little like working in a chocolate factory and detesting the stuff.

Also we get a game once a year, personally i have a feew saves but i really get into them, i imagine between titles there are hundreds of beta versions released you'd have to play and have to get into each version with a sepeerate save and have very little time, not have much time to have long career on each game. You hear developers talking about their games on these forum from time to time and they only seem to be one or two seasons in, in a recent interview Miles talked of signing Fabregas or something for his team, in most my saves fabregas probably still isnt alive let alone able to sign for me.

Developers would know all the weaknesses which make the game unrealistic and some of the flaws which i dont know and dont really want to know because I think they'd ruin the fun for me.

It'd be amazing if you guys still loved the game, if not, thanks for developing such a great series and im gutted for you guys that you don't have the same level of enjoyment that me and several other players get within a market ith no alternatives that even come close.

• SI Staff

I play occasionally but haven't more recently because I've been far too busy! Most of the time I'll play something else like FIFA or GTA if I'm going to play anything to relax as sometimes we need a break away from FM.

Looking forward to getting started on FM 2010 once the work is done though.

I still play the game (or at least fire it up) every single day.

My playing habits have changed over the years however and I don't get in as many long term career games as I once used to, but I probably spend more time playing it now than I did before I started working for SI (and that seems scary seeing as I used to play it to death when I was a kid ;)).

The one thing that has changed for me over the years however is that FM has become my only management game. I used to buy and play them all and wish I still had time to do that. I only get a limited amount of time playing other football games.

• SI Staff

The last proper long term game I had was with FM07 and I'd just got Brighton into the Premiership after years of trying to get out of League 1 (Lost in the League One Play-Offs about 3 times before finally getting up to the Championship).

With 08 and 09 I was commuting down to Brighton so I'd get home quite late and just watch TV or go down the pub. After staring at the monitor all day I kinda want to get away from a PC in the evening as well. Having said that... I've just started a game as Reading (randomly selected a team) on FM10 and I'm loading the game up at any spare moment cos I'm loving it! Although I'm feeling a little guilty because I signed a left back who it turns out has retired in real life. Should I stick him in the reserves and pretend it never happend? :(

The last proper long term game I had was with FM07 and I'd just got Brighton into the Premiership after years of trying to get out of League 1 (Lost in the League One Play-Offs about 3 times before finally getting up to the Championship).

With 08 and 09 I was commuting down to Brighton so I'd get home quite late and just watch TV or go down the pub. After staring at the monitor all day I kinda want to get away from a PC in the evening as well. Having said that... I've just started a game as Reading (randomly selected a team) on FM10 and I'm loading the game up at any spare moment cos I'm loving it! Although I'm feeling a little guilty because I signed a left back who it turns out has retired in real life. Should I stick him in the reserves and pretend it never happend? :(

Do you get bored easily with some teams?

im 15 and i get bored easily

Oooo oooo, guessing game ;). Who can it be?

• SI Staff
Do you get bored easily with some teams?

im 15 and i get bored easily

If I'm playing a long game, not really, I'll play as Brighton and try to make them the best team in the world.

I have had a few short games though as I've fancied giving Man City or Werder Bremen or whoever a go!

Oooo oooo, guessing game ;). Who can it be?

He left Everton this summer. ;)

Yes, play Armstrong, and have Valente as third choice. :cool:

• SI Staff
I believe that is Nuno Valente, i hope that gets sorted for the final game.

Yep. Fixed it instantly so no worries there. :)

Yes, play Armstrong, and have Valente as third choice. :cool:

Na, he's either playing or he's disregarded completly :D

Archived