An Idea about future scout reports

When i look to improve a certain postion i scout lots of players who i would be interested in and the reports always give a view on their opinions of the one player. But i was thinking it be great if you could send a scout to scout a number of players there give his opinion on who would be the best to sign and second best one just incase you cant agree terms with the recommended one.

For example if i wanted a young centre back i could choose to send the scout to report on 3 or 4 young centre backs im interested in and he could come back saying

player A is the best potential player but Player C has the most experience and its currently the best player. Player D wouldnt be a worthwhile signing and Player B would be a decent signing'

or something along those lines. i hope thats clear to everyone :o

Thanks Dan

Yeah I understand, instead of the scouts scouting individuals, they make a recommendation based on three or for players for a given position. And they could say based on ability alone player x is the best however, he is 26 and our current right back is the same age so they may say a younger option would be better, player q for example. They could also comment about how the personality would fit into the squad or that don't sign him because he is unprofessional and lazy and could disrupt the squad for example. They do have a personality section in the scout report but only say what personality they have and comment on this. Maybe they can go futher than this.

From my experiences of scout reports (and yes they are the best in the world in terms of ability and reputation) when scouuting youngsters they often say he is not good enough even though his stats are very impressive and the opposiste they say this person as a definate perchase when he is an average prospect. It seems that the scouts dont have a clue. You send them to Brazil/Argentina to look at the best youngsters, have the filter to under 20's for example and they say that they have no recommendations only a few average players and never unearth a starlet or someone with great potential.

I know we haven't seen FM10 and Miles has his blog on scouting today but the scouting for me in an incredible game is way below par.

Thats why the stars are there and after you scout a few player that your interested then go on the scout who scouted them menu and click on recomdations. Sort them by the stars and also you can filter them.

sorry if i am wrong i uninstalled fm 09

Thats why the stars are there and after you scout a few player that your interested then go on the scout who scouted them menu and click on recomdations. Sort them by the stars and also you can filter them.

sorry if i am wrong i uninstalled fm 09

Yeah good point, but what I want from my scouts is more interaction like in real life, a more subjective opinion, not just this player is five where as this player is 6. e.g. in real life a top europen club wanted to scout two players in Brazil then the South America / Brazil scout would scout both players for a number of games maybe even a season!!! And then have a meeting with the chief scout to tell him what he has found out. If he then said player x is 5 and player y is 4 then the chief scout or manager would want so much more analysis and a recommendation a much more rounded opinion. I know this would be hard to get right in the game but I believe it can be achieved. The star system is ok but I want more from my scouts not just a number and then its up to me to decide who is better. :)

All so in the scout report is the section on potential and current ability. If say I have found a young keeper who has very good potential. I scout him and my scout will say in this section, our current keeper is twice as good as the player scouted. (thats just not helpful, that does not tell me anything) And then in potential it may say this scouted player does not have the potential to be as goos as Buffon. (well who would have the potential to be better than him for example) the scouting is just too strcutured in terms of the answers from the scouts. Saying that player X does not have the potentail to be as good as messi, well just great not many will. The scouts for me are just like robots!!! same old rubbish!!!

They should have a detailed report about the player e.g injuries in the past 5 years and goals in the last 5 years. That would help a lot. The scout should also have a recommandation not on the best player but the player who would fit into your team.

Tbh I don't want my scouts to do that. I want them to make reports of the players and then I'll decide who's the best atm/has most potential, ...

It's their job to make reports, it's my job to compare them and come to conclusions.

Yes the manager will ultimately have the final say, but the scouts do all the hard work and do not just say yeah he's great, he's average and he's very good in real life. The scouts do the formula and we as the managers put our faith in our scouts and make the comparisons based on what the scouts have said and then watch a couple of matches to see for yourself to get a feel for the player.

i just feel the scout reports could offer so much more information to us; i know we as the manager make the final decision but with more information we could make a more in depth decision when signing new players.

i dont want them to always be right and we wont always go with their opinion but it could give us a better indication than hes a decent player.

will he fit in? is he the best option of the group im scouting?

Take real life for example and Sir Alex Ferguson. (SAF) He has training what five times a week roughly then you have the match days, travelling abroad when in Europe, over see youth development etc I mean he just does not have the time to be at live games (ok he can be seen in England watching his next opposition in league or cup sometimes) nor can he be watching all the great young talent that are so sought after in real life across the globe. What I'm trying to say is that the scouts play such an influential role especially in seeking young talent. As the gaffer does not have the time hence the scouting networks at top clubs.

In FM for me the scouts have very limited scope and intelligence, and IRL the top clubs will be watching live games and recordings all over the world and have such a responsability in assesing the current and potential ability of a given player. I don't think this is reflected in FM, but with attribute ratings then effectively we as the manager can see this so maybe all players under the ages of 22 are tottaly masked , i.e you can only see a few ratings or non and it takes the expertise of the scouts to find this out maybe a whole year! In FM one match or report in a few days can asses the whole nature of a player when in fact this takes both a lot of time and effort.

Archived