Signing 16 Year Olds From U-20 Team

I was searching for threads on this and couldn't find anything, so I'm hoping that someone can help me out here. I am playing Lumezzane in the Italian C2A League and am looking at a few of the American U-20 national team players that I would like to sign. The ones I am interested in are 16 and when I go to their profile it says they are looking for a team, as they don't currently have one. However, there is no link for me to click on to sign or buy them. Is this because of their age? If so, I have signed or bought other players of this age group and am wondering what the deal is. Thanks for your help.

I was searching for threads on this and couldn't find anything, so I'm hoping that someone can help me out here. I am playing Lumezzane in the Italian C2A League and am looking at a few of the American U-20 national team players that I would like to sign. The ones I am interested in are 16 and when I go to their profile it says they are looking for a team, as they don't currently have one. However, there is no link for me to click on to sign or buy them. Is this because of their age? If so, I have signed or bought other players of this age group and am wondering what the deal is. Thanks for your help.

Yes, they are what are known as "greys" - they are just there as stop-gaps to make up numbers. You cannot sign them, unless they are already at your club making up numbers there. Think of them as players who come in off the street to play for you but don't actually play professionally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanpersie11:

It might be because they are planning to retire, have a look at their personal screen. It will say there if they are planning to retire or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was refering to the 16 year old you couldn't sign btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanpersie11:

It might be because they are planning to retire, have a look at the personal screen. It will say there if they are planning to retire or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These guys are great looking 16 year olds and on their personal screen it says they are looking for a new club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Yes, they are what are known as "greys" - they are just there as stop-gaps to make up numbers. You cannot sign them, unless they are already at your club making up numbers there. Think of them as players who come in off the street to play for you but don't actually play professionally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bummer because these guys look like they would develop into star players in a few years.

Archived