Has anyone ever got a well known manager to be your AM?

I've tried in almost every game I play, but I can never persuade them :(

Have any of you ever gotten a big name as your AM (assistant manager) ?

Also who is the best AM to have in your opinion? I had Sammy Lee for a while and he was pretty good but he didn't want to follow me to Inter when I moved lol

I've had Franco Baresi and Carlos Queiroz as my Ass Man, but they're not really big name managers.

I've had several big name footballers as my Ass Man, such as Gerrard and Terry.

On the old FM I used to have two Ass Mans at the same time - not sure if you can do that on 09?

I've had Jose Mourinho as my assistant and Arsene Wenger as Director of Football at Man U but that was only because I cheated and used the editor because it was the only way that I could see that it could be done on fm09. Maybe this is something that could be looked at and adjusted for a future version but its probably too late for FM2010.

Not me, but I've seen Glenn Roeder become Ass Man of Woodlands (my hometown club in Singapore).

That is some coup. There would be a media sensation if that happened IRL. :p

Why would that be good for your club? He is one of the worst man mangers in the game, a horrible person and a pretty poor tactician.

Use Ass. Man. for Assistant Manager, and AM for Attacking Midfielder, because I tought by the name of your thread that you wanted to make Sir Alex or Wenger to play as your Attacking Midfielder! :D

not to be picky but the you must have read the title before you clicked on it. that says ass.man

well it does on thetop post then it says AM on all the others.

Nope, no big name managers have ever wanted to come on board as a assistant. I guess the best and closest candidate would be Tony Adams, who is my current assistant. Not that high reputation as a manager though. Have had plenty of big name players becoming assistans however over the years of playing CM/FM, but I suppose that isn't really unusual. :D

I've had Franco Baresi and Carlos Queiroz as my Ass Man, but they're not really big name managers.

I've had several big name footballers as my Ass Man, such as Gerrard and Terry.

On the old FM I used to have two Ass Mans at the same time - not sure if you can do that on 09?

You can have more than one Ass Man, but you tend to do this by offering an existing Coach the role of Ass Man during contract negotiatiions. I do not believe you can sign a second Ass Man from elsewhere. (This is also a trick to get around the number of coaches you are allowed to employ).

Someone needs to find a better shortening for Assistant Manager than Ass Man. While it may come natural to you brits out there, all it makes me think of is this: http://www.vic-dot.com/avatar/sexyflanders.gif

And now you will think of it too! STUPID SEXY FLANDERS! :eek:

No, that's what we think of too. AssMan is never used by commentators or football professionals, it's a FM thing, and I'm 99.999% sure that it's used deliberately because of the innuendo...:p

Archived