1:3 and in the last 15 min. 3:3

Look, I don't want to discuss this result, I just want to share this pathetic game :)

1:2 on half time, then 1:3, go to defense, hold 1:3, and then 75' a free kick from 40 metar, goal. And then in 91' a stupid goal from 16 metar. hehehe

FM is giving you a real feeling how it is in real life :)

Like I said, I don't want to discuss the thread, because there are kids which will say that my tactic, motiv, exc... are bad. But I don't care.

I like the late equaliser, but I don't like it when ONLY the player gets against him, and the other AI games are played with normal scores.

So, you have still a lot of work to do FM.

Real football is much better, and FM is miles away of it

Real football is much better, and FM is miles away of it

How pathetic you really are.

You made that thread about how the game cheats because you reloaded your game like 30 times and still couldnt win. Then you uploaded the game for others to try and low and behold people won that game after a few attempts.

So it seems like you still havent taken peoples advice in where you are going wrong.

If people can win the same game many times after 30 attempts and you cant even win 1 after 30, you obviously arent very good at tactics on FM.

So, your coment about real football being much better than FM is possibly the most stupid thing i have ever heard. Of course it is, FM is a game trying to give you the experience of what a managers life is like!

If you hate FM so much why dont you go watch some football matches in real life or actually join a football team and play for real???

I am not pathetic. I took the game, and played on. And now, I got 5 time a equaliser. I don't reload the match, because, I just want to see where it go. And this is why I am writing. I lost once, I won Inter 0:1 was better. But I got 5 time a late equaliser. And what ever I do, it remain drew. This is what I don't understand. BEcause,after this theory, Wolfsburg should equalise yesterday. How? Vidic stay on the edge of the box and whatch Dzeko dribble on 17 meter, and then strike a powershoot and gets a 2:2 in the 83'

Or, Milan would get a equaliser with a free kick shoot in 81' from Ronaldinho. Real would win. This is 100%. Bayern - Juve qould never end 0:0. Bayern would won with 2:0, or Juve would strike a free kick goal, or a stupidity from Van Buyton, and would defend the 0:1 lead.

Fiorentina - Liverpool, Torres 61', Torres 70', Torres 81' End: 2:3 for Liver

And APOEL would get a goal from one of the lot of corner they had. And Chelsea would end: 1:1

This is what I am telling. Stop boring with my reloads and your best tactic. I am telling that this is not the real image of how football is going. One question? Have you ever played in real football team? Then you will know, that it is inpossible to get so much late equaliser against you. One or two is ok. Three are the maximum. But 5 in 14 games ?????

I'm afraid you are talking rubbish. There are quite often a number of teams who concede late equalisers on regular occaisions. Why is real football better?? Just because you don't concede equalisers?? Seriously, go and play in your 'real football team' and stop playing FM if you really want to be that childish about it!!

What is your obsession with comparing every single game scenario to that of real life? It seems to me like you reload every game over and over again to try to prove some point about how the same thing happens all the time. YOU are doing something wrong that makes these things happen. NO-ONE else is doing it.

What you are experiencing doesnt happen to me or alot of other people that play the game but you dont listen. I honestly think you should just stop playing FM, it cant do your health any good.

And yes I have played football all my life. I currently play seven leagues below that of the english conference in the spartans midlands league. I can even send you links to web pages where i am mentioned scoring goals.

So I do understand real life football my friend. I bet you've never stepped outside your bedroom, for fear of bumping into real people with an opinion you dont like...

Pathetic's a bit strong, and won't be insulting you, but your defensive tactic just didn't work. Your tactics are poor - proven and proven and proven.

In your OP, going defensive on 75 mins was a good idea, but in the last few seconds the AI manager will have thrown everything at you, trying to exploit your defensive tactic. Because (presumably) you didn't change that defensive tactic, you conceded a goal. Was it the dreaded 4-2-4?

It's not an issue, and has been discussed to death and if anyone thinks of this as cheating, they are wrong. Proven over and over, end of.

The 4-2-4 is way too effective. I think everyone agrees with that. However, it is very, very easy to contain with a little thought.

But in the games you describe, all those managers changed their tactics throughout the games. Fiorentina didn't keep the same game plan as in the first half; they contained Liverpool while Liverpool's shocked players couldn't create a chance, despite being the superior team on paper. In FM, if the human was Fiorentina with a 2-0 lead at HT, yes, Liverpool probably WOULD win 3-2... IF the human's tactics were poor. IF, for example, the human went to slow pace, counter-attacking (NOT defensive) they'd probably hold Liverpool, then a decent containing tactic for 4-2-4 near the end and you hold the lead (I'd probably win 3-0 TBH). Chelsea defended their corners well (I didn't see this game so can't comment on specific tactics). Man U altered their tactics after Carrick's goal, playing on the counter.

If anything your examples PROVE the need to change tactics to hold a lead, even for the big teams.

The game isn't perfect, but you have to accept that your tactics are poor. In real life, ALL teams, big or small, change their tactics a dozen times in a match, but especially when they are defending a lead.

Just the other week Leicester were 2-0 up against Watford, and Watford came back to lead 3-2, before Leicester equalised in the last minute. I could also provide countless other examples of games where 2 goal leads have been lost.

Believe it or not it's also happened a lot in my favour on FM. I can think of 3 examples off the top of my head of recent games where I've come back from 2 goals down to atleast draw.

i am chainin it backpackant. I looking every 7 min. to their statistic to see which one has more passis, to close him. I close max. 3-4 players to not lose my players on the field. And I know the 4-2-4. It is difficult, and I try to cope with it. But, Galatasaray, lost the 2 strikers (subs), and Arda, and they were playing 4-4-2. In this last scene they were normal playing, just one players was ahead, and he manage to score.

An to hasebe, I play since my 10 year football: chicken, kadett, junior, senior, B squad.

I am a right wing, and when we were defending, I play my position back. But, when they are beging to do stupid thing, I am screaming to my team mates, like the others. You can't let one player pass you on the same way in 5 times. We got a late equaliser 2 times in a row, the last time it was 2:0 and 2 penaltys in 81' and 85' But this was beacause the refree was buyed :thdn:

But I never let it happen to get so easy with the game in the last 15 minutes. The game is 90 min. long, and the last 15 are the complicated. And a proffesional and big team know that. And they don't concide so much late equaliser.

Hasebe, I am not attacking you or any of other players, I am just telling that it make the game a little boring. I accept losses, I accept equaliser, but I don't accept when it goes so mad. but like i used to say it: it's a game, you played, it happened, it is now past. Look to do it better

Just the other week Leicester were 2-0 up against Watford, and Watford came back to lead 3-2, before Leicester equalised in the last minute. I could also provide countless other examples of games where 2 goal leads have been lost.

Believe it or not it's also happened a lot in my favour on FM. I can think of 3 examples off the top of my head of recent games where I've come back from 2 goals down to atleast draw.

Yes Sir. Liam, but Leicester, didn't get this equaliser in the next game, or 5 time in the last 15 games. This my point.

I won't be slating you. It's just your opinion that you have expressed. I can only say that I agree or don't agree with you.

In this case it's ''I don't agree''. I know it's sometimes frustrating to concede a late equaliser, but we also get a lots of late wins by that corner bug ;)

And also statistics shows that the most goals are scored at the end of the first half and at the end of the game (I read this in one thread, but can't rememeber in which one, but if i find it, I'll post a link).

So all in all tweak your tactics a bit, or do something else, because I really doubt that the game is cheating, even though a lot of us thought of that for at least once when something frustrating happend to us. And surley that's a late equaliser. ;)

Yes Sir. Liam, but Leicester, didn't get this equaliser in the next game, or 5 time in the last 15 games. This my point.

In the same way I've probably played about 12 matches since my last 2 goal comeback on FM, and not seen it happen for or against me since.

In fact in 2003/04 Leicester had an awful problem keeping out late goals and must have lost 15-20 points because of it. That was clearly because something tactically and psychologically was wrong, and the manager didn't fix it, so we were relegated by about 5 points.

If you get your tactics and team talks right ,the vast majority of the time you shouldn't have a problem.

A big part of Boro's problem last season was conceding late goals - if matches only lasted 80 minutes they'd have finished mid table. And already this season they've lost a lead to Coventry late on and turned a win into a draw.

It does happen in real life and it is your tactics. Some teams may also have a lot of players with high Determination which can affect their ability to come from behind. I suspect you're probably not defending properly in the last 10-15 minutes.

The one thing I will say is the 4-2-4 formation is a little too good when the AI switches to it.

Moaner is laughing hard at the OP.

Honestly, 1-3 to 3-3 isn't THAT bad compared to some of the results i've seen before.

I bet he tried rewinding his telly after seeing Liverpool come from three behind against Milan to see if the result would of been different.

I know that you don't want to discuss it and I know that you don't want to hear it is your tactics but...

... well let's just say that when I go defensive, I rarely concede. And when I'm behind, I regularly score when I switch to my very own all out attacking 4-2-4.

So it appears that I don't have the same problem. ;)

Why is this? Tactics! :p

Regards,

C.

i am chainin it backpackant. I looking every 7 min. to their statistic to see which one has more passis, to close him. I close max. 3-4 players to not lose my players on the field. And I know the 4-2-4. It is difficult, and I try to cope with it. But, Galatasaray, lost the 2 strikers (subs), and Arda, and they were playing 4-4-2. In this last scene they were normal playing, just one players was ahead, and he manage to score.

An to hasebe, I play since my 10 year football: chicken, kadett, junior, senior, B squad.

I am a right wing, and when we were defending, I play my position back. But, when they are beging to do stupid thing, I am screaming to my team mates, like the others. You can't let one player pass you on the same way in 5 times. We got a late equaliser 2 times in a row, the last time it was 2:0 and 2 penaltys in 81' and 85' But this was beacause the refree was buyed :thdn:

But I never let it happen to get so easy with the game in the last 15 minutes. The game is 90 min. long, and the last 15 are the complicated. And a proffesional and big team know that. And they don't concide so much late equaliser.

Hasebe, I am not attacking you or any of other players, I am just telling that it make the game a little boring. I accept losses, I accept equaliser, but I don't accept when it goes so mad. but like i used to say it: it's a game, you played, it happened, it is now past. Look to do it better

Well, at least you're trying. A lot of people just give it up. I cope fine with the 4-2-4 and actually score more often than my opposition. The following should probably be in the tactics forum, so if any readers don't want to see, please consider this a:

**TACTICS SPOILER**

This is my "Defend that lead" tactic. Don't employ it until after the clock says 80mins (sorry, I can't seem to upload to those websites).

Formation = 4-1-4-1

Team = Mentality: defensive (25%, NOT ultra); Tempo: slow; Tackling: Normal; Closing Down: Own half; Counter Attacking: YES.

DL + DR -> Forward runs: mixed, + team settings (the defensive mentality takes care of forward runs).

DCs -> Man marking, NO forward runs, Ultra defensive mentality + team settings.

DMC -> No forward runs + team settings.

MR + ML -> Forward runs: mixed, crossing: often, run with ball: often + team settings.

MCs -> Forward runs: mixed; Thru-Balls: often; Closing down: whole pitch + team settings.

FC -> Forward runs: mixed; run with ball: mixed; hold up ball: often; Closing down: whole pitch + team settings.

It's really very simple and I got to it through trial and error, although some of the settings are probably not . It's not perfect and is only about 95% effective (Arsenal and Barcelona always get through) but once you've employed it a couple of times it should be pretty efficient.

Good luck.

Saints have made a habit of it but this was the best one I could remember.

Southampton 3

* Pahars 27,

* Quashie 35,

* Quashie (pen) 45

Leeds United 4

* Butler 71,

* Blake 77,

* Healy (pen) 84,

* Miller 86

I remember that game. Was dancing in my living room when that last goal went in.

I also remember at Elland Road, in the Prem, Derby hammering Leeds 3-0 at half time. 89th minute Jimmy Floyd Piggybanks goal won it 4-3! Great game.

But the OP's point is that this simply doesn't happen to teams every week, or one week in three as he claims to experience. And he is correct. It doesn't happen.

But since FM is not just generating matches, and these comebacks are only games HE is involved in, then it stands to reason his tactics are the problem, not the match engine.

I kind of understand the OP, because the tactic changes from the opposition often has much more impact than in real life. When the AI changes tactics they imidiately start to produce chances, even if you change to a sound defensive tactic. In some matches it is ok because it does happen IRL, but not all the time. In FM the opposition team could have played like a pub team would have played after closing time for 70 minutes, then change their tactic and suddenly look like Brazil from the 82 world cup, and that is a bit unrealistic. Unfortunately it happens in almost every match even if you have a tested and tried defensivve tactic that often does the trick. When a team IRL is having a bad day on the field the manager often try to change their tactic, but when they meet a team that have been way better it is difficult to come back and start producing a lot of chances and goals. So in some ways a tactical change has to much impact on this game, because when a team have a bad day, there is difficult to bounce back even with the most sound tactical change.

I remember that game. Was dancing in my living room when that last goal went in.

I also remember at Elland Road, in the Prem, Derby hammering Leeds 3-0 at half time. 89th minute Jimmy Floyd Piggybanks goal won it 4-3! Great game.

But the OP's point is that this simply doesn't happen to teams every week, or one week in three as he claims to experience. And he is correct. It doesn't happen.

But since FM is not just generating matches, and these comebacks are only games HE is involved in, then it stands to reason his tactics are the problem, not the match engine.

I think the 424 is the problem, its a magic tactic and if it was so good, every team would start with it. As it is, if a team went that attacking, the other team is much, much more likely to score on the counter.

this is rediculous. anything can happen in football so what fm does is just portray the possibilities. there are a large number of late late goals in real life so to say it doesnt happen in real life is obsurd.

I think the 424 is the problem, its a magic tactic and if it was so good, every team would start with it. As it is, if a team went that attacking, the other team is much, much more likely to score on the counter.

It's only a magic tactic if you don't change to stop it.

IRL a couple of years ago the team i play for came back from 3-0 down to win the game 4-3, twice. The first time it happened all 4 goals came from one guy and we were playing the top team. His 2nd goal was a 30m half volley that no joke went in the top corner and the 4th was a free kick right at the death. It happens.

I am not pathetic. I took the game, and played on. And now, I got 5 time a equaliser. I don't reload the match, because, I just want to see where it go. And this is why I am writing. I lost once, I won Inter 0:1 was better. But I got 5 time a late equaliser. And what ever I do, it remain drew. This is what I don't understand. BEcause,after this theory, Wolfsburg should equalise yesterday. How? Vidic stay on the edge of the box and whatch Dzeko dribble on 17 meter, and then strike a powershoot and gets a 2:2 in the 83'

Or, Milan would get a equaliser with a free kick shoot in 81' from Ronaldinho. Real would win. This is 100%. Bayern - Juve qould never end 0:0. Bayern would won with 2:0, or Juve would strike a free kick goal, or a stupidity from Van Buyton, and would defend the 0:1 lead.

Fiorentina - Liverpool, Torres 61', Torres 70', Torres 81' End: 2:3 for Liver

And APOEL would get a goal from one of the lot of corner they had. And Chelsea would end: 1:1

This is what I am telling. Stop boring with my reloads and your best tactic. I am telling that this is not the real image of how football is going. One question? Have you ever played in real football team? Then you will know, that it is inpossible to get so much late equaliser against you. One or two is ok. Three are the maximum. But 5 in 14 games ?????

This is possibly the biggest load of rubbish I have read on this forum.

Archived