Tabbed 'browsing'

It has been an idea of mine for a long time now that tabbed browsing would be a brilliant addition to FM. Just imagine being able to ctrl-click or click with the middle mouse button(as you can in Firefox, for instance) on a player from the squad screen and have the player-screen with the attributes open in a new tab.

Any reasons this wouldn't massively improve the game? Perhaps it would slow it down considerably? Surely I'm not the first person to suggest this?

I think moving the FM interface towards a web based browser idea would definitely be a big improvement on the old interface. (No offence meant, Ter :D)

It's just that the game is getting far too complex for the user to get around the game efficiently. Being able to have tabs will make life so much easier.

• Administrators

Not just tabs... but how about a Spotlight type search?

IE. you can type "Tactics" and you will get a link to the Tactics screen, click it, and new tab. It could then be used to do away with menubars.

Not just tabs... but how about a Spotlight type search?

IE. you can type "Tactics" and you will get a link to the Tactics screen, click it, and new tab. It could then be used to do away with menubars.

Maybe I'm being thick :o but why would you want to type something when you can just click a mouse instead?

• Administrators

If its in the bar at the top, then thats fine, but imagine you need to get to a screen thats very deep in the game or something.... would be useful for this purpose then.

IE. typing "World Cup History" would take you direct to the history screen of the world cup, rather than clicking Competitions, then world, then World Cup.... then history on the sidebar.

If its in the bar at the top, then thats fine, but imagine you need to get to a screen thats very deep in the game or something.... would be useful for this purpose then.

IE. typing "World Cup History" would take you direct to the history screen of the world cup, rather than clicking Competitions, then world, then World Cup.... then history on the sidebar.

Ah yes.............thought I was probably being thick!

Bravo, brilliant idea, 10/10 :D

Archived