Football Managers and FM

I laughed at this quote about Rafa Benitez:

"When I was on the touchline all I could hear was Benitez giving me directions. At times I'd think 'why don't you just put the batteries in and turn me into a robot'. Sometimes I just wanted to play my natural game, but there were so many instructions: how to go forward, how to defend. He has been through so many players, so many strikers, so many midfielders that he takes the best attributes out of them" - Jermaine Pennant."

In anticipation of the touchline shouts, I'd judge Rafa to be a manager whose tactics include Creative Freedom 1.

Just for a bit of fun, what tactical settings would you give to other real-life managers?

LOL at Benitez

I don't know if any of you remember Ivan Golac of Dundee United. He basically had no tactics at all (he famously learned English from Rolling Stones records). When he sent on subsitutes they would ask him what he wanted and he always just shrugged and told them to do whatever seemed right. He didn't last long.

I don't know if any of you remember Ivan Golac of Dundee United. He basically had no tactics at all (he famously learned English from Rolling Stones records). When he sent on subsitutes they would ask him what he wanted and he always just shrugged and told them to do whatever seemed right. He didn't last long.

wow yeah i do rember what a manager he was so bad he was good (not in a Glenn Roeder way)

Archived