For the first time, on FM10...

I wont use third party editor and scout programs to recognise the true abilities of my team of transfer targets.

The last time I didn't use them was probably CM 01/02 when I wasn't even aware they were available.

Ive never used a save game editor to my advantage by actually 'editing' anything/anyone, only in a couple of fun experiments I was interested in.

R.I.P Genie Scout, you have served me well.

Let's call it my 'New FM's Resolution' :cool:. I am really looking foward to using every aspect of the game to my advantage.

Good on you, mate! I'm sure you'll find the game more enjoyable without Genie. Its certainly more satisfying when you're successful, and probably less annoying if you fail!

Yeh this is what I'm hoping for. Last couple of years, on nearly every file I have started, I have known who I am going to sign from the off, and more often than not could plan 2-3 seasons ahead.

Yeh this is what I'm hoping for. Last couple of years, on nearly every file I have started, I have known who I am going to sign from the off, and more often than not could plan 2-3 seasons ahead.

Yep, been there, done that. I'll tell ya though... nothing will match the feeling you get when you get your first "wonderkid" its a great feeling, if ya haven't used genie! lol ;)

edit: or maybe i just need to get out more...

I was addicted to editors etc... but ive managed to kick the habbit in 09.

And ive not used one to my bennefit at all since i started my network game and had to take the bad results and the injustices (of which there have been many).

Haha! Love the way people talk about it as an addiction like alcohol or gambeling.

I don't there there will be a Genie for FM10 anyway - but well done all the same (until you lapse...)

Yeh your right, there wont be a new Genie but still plenty of similar programs out there.

....I will not lapse!! :thup:

I'm going to do the same.

I always find that Genie ruins the long term fun of the game. I find five 17 yr old regens with PA of 180 and sign them straight away and put them in my youth team. Every new good regen that pops up I buy straight away. I end up having all the good players in my squad.

I want a more realistic feel to it this time. I'm gonna buy a regen, thinking he's good and realising he has terrible potential. Then I shall bask in the glory of my terrible buy.

I'm going to do the same.

I always find that Genie ruins the long term fun of the game. I find five 17 yr old regens with PA of 180 and sign them straight away and put them in my youth team. Every new good regen that pops up I buy straight away. I end up having all the good players in my squad.

I want a more realistic feel to it this time. I'm gonna buy a regen, thinking he's good and realising he has terrible potential. Then I shall bask in the glory of my terrible buy.

Good for you mate!!

Scout reports are never perfect, not in real life, not in the game, and rightfully so.

I find it far less enjoyable to simply "know" a kid is going to be good. I like to uncover them, take a chance. If a 16 year old winger is 14 fast and 12 dribbling, and at least 10 determination, I'll take a punt and buy him if I can.

Until about February I don't even open the editor, but by then I'm usually king of the football world with every club I want to be, and start playing around with the "world" I'm going to play in, like giving all Prem and Champ clubs £2Billion and a £500million transfer kitty. Just stuff to liven the game up and give myself a new challenge. FMRTE? Yes, but only to generate some interest when I'm bored of a game. I once gave York the £2billion treatment and increased their rep to mid-Prem standard when they were in L2. Was funny to see all these Prem-standard players popping off to L2 getting paid £50k per week. Shame I didn't stick around to see that one.

I wont use third party editor and scout programs to recognise the true abilities of my team of transfer targets.

The last time I didn't use them was probably CM 01/02 when I wasn't even aware they were available.

Ive never used a save game editor to my advantage by actually 'editing' anything/anyone, only in a couple of fun experiments I was interested in.

Let's call it my 'New FM's Resolution' :cool:. I am really looking foward to using every aspect of the game to my advantage.

I'll bet that you will break that promise after first reliable scouting program comes out. You will be tempted by the Dark Side. You will say to yourself "I will only look this players CA and PA and thats it". After that it is freefall. I know, I have made same promise and broken it.

That's right. I'm not even going to pretend to myself. My intention is to create a 10-tier league system and start off with a really pants squad at the bottom, BUT use FMRTE to give my backroom staff high attributes and the club good training facilities. I want to see how well my amateur pie-eaters can improve with optimum conditions and benefit from accuate backroom advice.

I will use 3rd party applications to edit my coaching stuff perfect because i HATE searching for stuff.

I will use 3rd party applications to look CA/PA of regens , if CA/PA matches with what my scouts are telling then obviously there is no need for using any extra program , if my scouts point the worst player as better then i will fire the scouts and only use the applications (exactly what i did in previous games) .

Agreed mate!!! Its ruined the enjoyment of the game for me! I just havnt been able to get into FM since 07 and i think its because of "Cheating" using Genie Scout! Dont get me wrong, well done to the creator cos its a great device but it takes a lot of the fun and point away of FM! All im hoping for now on FM10 is a real good improvement to the scouting system/network! But whatever happens, im also making a resolution to not using third party editor and scout programs anymore! Roll on FM10!

Archived