Fitness Levels

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Under each players profile under the selection subheading there is a row that has the title fitness. In it will be stuff like "match fit" "fully fit" "in superb condition" "severely lacking match fitness", etc. I was wondering what the ranking is for how fit someone is. There is the obvious stuff like "lacking match fitness" vs. "match fit", But what's the difference between "fully fit" and "match fit", etc. Can someone please help me with this?

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Under each players profile under the selection subheading there is a row that has the title fitness. In it will be stuff like "match fit" "fully fit" "in superb condition" "severely lacking match fitness", etc. I was wondering what the ranking is for how fit someone is. There is the obvious stuff like "lacking match fitness" vs. "match fit", But what's the difference between "fully fit" and "match fit", etc. Can someone please help me with this?

If you click at the top of the column it will sort it into order.

Personally I can never remember which is better out of "Match fit" and "Fully fit" but I have a sneaking suspicion that "Match fit" is better.

If you click at the top of the column it will sort it into order.

Personally I can never remember which is better out of "Match fit" and "Fully fit" but I have a sneaking suspicion that "Match fit" is better.

Really? I thought it was match>fully>superb! LOL Maybe I've got it wrong :o

The full list seems to be:

Superb

Match fit

Fully fit

Lacking

Severly Lacking

Injured

There is also Tired after a match which returns to one of the above in a couple of days.

For me this makes sense and if you think of RL.

Fully fit: Fit to play but hasn't had much match practice.

Match fit: Fit to play and has match sharpness.

Fully fit/Match fit surely has nothing to do with their match practice.

Match fit 'hes been in training and played a game one week ago, he is fit for the match'

Fully fit 'hes been in training and played a game one week and 4 days ago, he is well rested and fully fit'

SURELY this must be the case...

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense Cougar. But don't you notice when a player is 'lacking match practice' he then goes to 'match fit' and then 'fully fit'?

Not really noticed but I'll make a note to keep an eye on it next time I play.

Personally I don't care if they are fully, match or superb any will do. I just note when they drop to lacking.

You are confusing real life with FM Shottaz.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what its called its how FM translate it that people are interested in.

Hell, SI could call it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and the game would still treat it the same way.

superb  /sʊˈpɜrb, sə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [soo-purb, suh-] Show IPA

–adjective 1. admirably fine or excellent; extremely good: a superb performance.

Ya get meh

You sound like Dollarman in Sinclar's 'Rock This Party' :thup:

You are confusing real life with FM Shottaz.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what its called its how FM translate it that people are interested in.

Hell, SI could call it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and the game would still treat it the same way.

Im not confusing real life with FM at all, the language we speak is here for a reason. I cant remember the term for it now but certain words are the limit, fully is 100% My car is full of petrol for example, no more petrol will go in, he is 'fully' qualified, there are no more qualifications this man/woman can have to make her any more appropriate.

If this is wrong then SI have been careless and it needs changing for the new FM but you cannot dispute that 'Fully' in its correct use, cannot be exceeded for fitness.

Your being very picky as its all down to language.

I would argue as follows:

Fully fill petrol tank cannot be filled further - I agree.

Fully qualified - You are qualified to do the job but this doesn't mean there aren't other qualifications you could take to enhance your knowledge and improve your ability.

Personally I think in football terms match fit is better than fully fit and therefore the terms are applied correctly in FM IMO.

No matter who is right or wrong it seems the terms are causing some confusion and could be changed into something more clear

I understand match fit as "good enough to perform at his normal level of play in a match", and fully fit "will perform at peak level", however English is not my first language.

We all have our own ways of managment, and we all think that our way is the best one. ;)

I don't disagree, but in this case you are wrong because the fitness order has been established beyond any doubt. You have chosen to ignore it and have chosen to believe in your own (erroneous) version.

I don't disagree, but in this case you are wrong because the fitness order has been established beyond any doubt. You have chosen to ignore it and have chosen to believe in your own (erroneous) version.

My opinion stays the same: Superb > Fully > Match. ;) Anyway i do respect your opinon. :)

My opinion stays the same: Superb > Fully > Match. ;) Anyway i do respect your opinon. :)

Fair enough. I can respect your opinion although can I suggest that you watch the fitness of unplayed players.

If I am right in my order you will see that players with fully fit progress to lacking in match fitness.

Your being very picky as its all down to language.

I would argue as follows:

Fully fill petrol tank cannot be filled further - I agree.

Fully qualified - You are qualified to do the job but this doesn't mean there aren't other qualifications you could take to enhance your knowledge and improve your ability.

Personally I think in football terms match fit is better than fully fit and therefore the terms are applied correctly in FM IMO.

Your wrong on your understanding of fully qualified, you mean superbly qualified, well qualified, pretty damn qualified, fully is 100% nothing more to learn, anyone using it in any other context than that is using it wrong.

The full 90 minutes is another example, even though games go on long (injury time) people mean the total game, FULL.

I'm not being nasty or malicious by the way, just trying to clarify things.

Fair enough. I can respect your opinion although can I suggest that you watch the fitness of unplayed players.

If I am right in my order you will see that players with fully fit progress to lacking in match fitness.

I'll keep an eye on that in FM10. ;)

Your wrong on your understanding of fully qualified, you mean superbly qualified, well qualified, pretty damn qualified, fully is 100% nothing more to learn, anyone using it in any other context than that is using it wrong.

I'm a "fully qualified" accountant, that doesn't mean I know everything or that there aren't other courses/qualifications I can take to improve my knowledge.

All solicitors/lawyers are fully qualified but I doubt you would find any that admit to having full knowledge of the law.

Anyway I'm not going to argue semantics any further. I stated my position and that won't change.

xabi alonso has just came back from injury (started full training yesterday) 90% condition and match fit. if match fit is indeed better than fully fit why is this displayed first?

~~Stevie G~~

Because he wasn't out for long?

Why is this even an issue? It has been confirmed and confirmed again. Do you guys just post and not play the game? Watch the players - they go match>fully>lacking

Because he wasn't out for long?

Why is this even an issue? It has been confirmed and confirmed again. Do you guys just post and not play the game? Watch the players - they go match>fully>lacking

They go from match ready to full because they go from near-perfect to perfect, and then lack of match practice takes over and starts to affect them negatively, so they change status to lacking. Not saying that it is the truth, but the fact that players go from match fit to fully fit, and then to lacking doesn't prove anything on its own..

They go from match ready to full because they go from near-perfect to perfect, and then lack of match practice takes over and starts to affect them negatively, so they change status to lacking. Not saying that is the truth, but the fact that players go from match fit to fully fit, and then to lacking doesn't prove anything on its own..

I agree with the bit where you say it's not the truth. I'm glad you recognised it as such.

Sorry to indulge in thread necromancy but I would like to get a definitive answer on this.

Its either...

1: Lacking<Match<Superb<Fully

2: Lacking<Match<Fully<Superb

My English tells me its one but a lot of people think two.

Its neither as proven yesterday :rolleyes:

498498.jpeg

How come week after week managers in real life say things like ''hes fully fit but not yet match fit''

I think this might be a lost in translation thing because surely its common knowledge match fit is better than only being fully fit?

It obviously goes like this:

lacking<fully<match<superb

The game even orders them in this order when clicked, as has been shown higher up this thread.

Im amazed people play this game and think fully is better than match, and fully might be better than superb :confused:

How come week after week managers in real life say things like ''hes fully fit but not yet match fit''

I think this might be a lost in translation thing because surely its common knowledge match fit is better than only being fully fit?

It obviously goes like this:

lacking<fully<match<superb

The game even orders them in this order when clicked, as has been shown higher up this thread.

Im amazed people play this game and think fully is better than match, and fully might be better than superb :confused:

Than explain me how come you will never see a player with conditon under 100% and that his status is fully fit? Players only have Fully Fit and In Superb Condition when their condition is 100%. And on the other hand they can be match fit even with condition of 93%. And obviously 100% is better than 93%. So that is what i don't understand :confused: I might be wrong, but I think it's: Superb > Fully > Match! Or replace Superb and Fully. :)

I might be wrong, but I think it's: Superb > Fully > Match! Or replace Superb and Fully. :)

You are wrong. Match fit is better than fully fit, as has been shown again and again.

"Fully fit" is the phrase which is causing confusion here, as some people think nothing can be better than "fully". I guess it's hard to explain what "match fitness" actually means but anyone who is involved in football, either playing, coaching or whatever knows that match fitness means something special, more than just fit (or even fully fit). It describes the sharpness which comes with have played regular matches, in addition to being in excellent physical condition.

This is why it is possible for a player to have a condition of 95% but be match fit, whereas another player can be 100% but not be match fit.

Maybe i'm not explaining it well, but I can't think of any other way to say it.

"In superb condition" trumps them all because of its superlative nature.

You are wrong. Match fit is better than fully fit, as has been shown again and again.

"Fully fit" is the phrase which is causing confusion here, as some people think nothing can be better than "fully". I guess it's hard to explain what "match fitness" actually means but anyone who is involved in football, either playing, coaching or whatever knows that match fitness means something special, more than just fit (or even fully fit). It describes the sharpness which comes with have played regular matches, in addition to being in excellent physical condition.

This is why it is possible for a player to have a condition of 95% but be match fit, whereas another player can be 100% but not be match fit.

Maybe i'm not explaining it well, but I can't think of any other way to say it.

"In superb condition" trumps them all because of its superlative nature.

Thank you for your explination. I appreciate it, but still I'll do some research to see if I can find what is the real order of fitness. :)

Than explain me how come you will never see a player with conditon under 100% and that his status is fully fit? Players only have Fully Fit and In Superb Condition when their condition is 100%. And on the other hand they can be match fit even with condition of 93%. And obviously 100% is better than 93%. So that is what i don't understand :confused: I might be wrong, but I think it's: Superb > Fully > Match! Or replace Superb and Fully. :)

I don't work for SI so admittedly it might be me that has it wrong, but week after week in real life if you watch football focus or sky sports etc people ofter comment that although a player if 100% fit they are not match fit as they need match practice.

The way I understand it your confusing pure fitness level with match readiness fitness.

The fully fit player will be 100% becuase he hasn't played many games recently so is more rested. The match fit player will be 93% because he has played more games recently.

If these two players (with same attributes for stamina, natural fitness etc for arguments sake) for example were to run a marathon against each other, then yes the 'fully fit' player would win as has a condition of 100% and is less tired to start with.

But in a football match, the match fit 93% player is more likely to pounce onto a loose ball, or latch onto a through ball etc because he is match sharp as he has played more games recently.

Archived