foul throws

tbh its very rare someone gets pulled up for one irl. not sure if theyre in the game, cant say as i have seen it.

slightly OT, but i wish to god theyd clamp down on players stealing yards at throw-ins. you see some ridiculous cheating going on with players getting sometimes 10 yeards further forward from where the ball actually went out. really gets on my nerves...

/rant

Wolves made a fowl throw against us (Sunderland) in the Premier League last week.

I think it's the first time i've seen a fowl throw at the Stadium Of Light.

i'll apologise in advance for being pedantic, but a FOWL is a bird... like a chicken... so id be very worried if you saw one of them being thrown at Sunderland! :p

tbh its very rare someone gets pulled up for one irl. not sure if theyre in the game, cant say as i have seen it.

slightly OT, but i wish to god theyd clamp down on players stealing yards at throw-ins. you see some ridiculous cheating going on with players getting sometimes 10 yeards further forward from where the ball actually went out. really gets on my nerves...

/rant

2007-08 season, Kirk Broadfoot... Rangers player.

He made about 3 foul throws in the space of 5 minutes.

And i think the ref even booked him... was at the match but im not entirely certain.

It is hardly ever pulled up IRL. I watched Burnley v Sunderland the other and virtually EVERY throw by the Sunderland right back (his name escapes me) was foul throw. If you watch a game, count them. There are dozens!!

Sunday League refs pull you up every time though!!

2007-08 season, Kirk Broadfoot... Rangers player.

He made about 3 foul throws in the space of 5 minutes.

And i think the ref even booked him... was at the match but im not entirely certain.

You can't be booked for taking foul throws! It would be like booking somebody for missing an open goal, or getting skinned.

It is hardly ever pulled up IRL. I watched Burnley v Sunderland the other and virtually EVERY throw by the Sunderland right back (his name escapes me) was foul throw. If you watch a game, count them. There are dozens!!

Barnsley.

I have noticed this for several seasons, not just in England. You would think that a professional player would be able to execute a legal throw-in without making a hash of it!

I have noticed this for several seasons, not just in England. You would think that a professional player would be able to execute a legal throw-in without making a hash of it!

You'd like to think they could, however most of the time the players don't actually understand the laws of the game the are being paid to play!

Indeed, certainly one of Alan Green's pet hates.

See Foul Throws given once or twice a month in the County League. Yes, it's frustrating as hell when it's one of your players who does it...

Archived