How does everyone pick their team?

Was wondering how everyone picked their starting eleven?

I usually go for the player who has the highest average rating for whatever position but when things start going wrong i end up going with whoever is on form but then i start questioning that!

I start picking them according to their value and then sometimes i think wait a minute i should be picking those that are on a higher wage!

Argh the stress!!!

Morale, first. If your CB, say, has a form of 7.86 in the last 5 matches, but his morale is "Very Poor", I never pick him. Ever. Go with the one who's played a 6.32 with a morale of "Superb" over the previous example.

It also depends upon who you're playing. If your opponents have a long pitch or slow defense, I would pick my fastest strikers over ones that have good technical ability. I obviously tweak my tactic to adhere to these changes, though. Or, on the flipside, if you're playing againsy Theo Walcott and Agbonlahor, then pick your fastest centre backs. If your opponents have wingbacks or fullbacks that are bad at defending, then I'll pick wingers with a great Dribbling stat, and so on.

When i first join a new team i use the filter to show players for each position to find out what positions needs strengthening.

But i always pick players by their attributes when im picking my team. I always look at who as the better all round attributes. I like fast players though so acceleration and pace stand out plus i look for good work rate and passing.

I have always gone off attributes since i first started playing CM/FM before the assisant reports/feedback were available. Its the attributes what stand out to me when picking team/buying new players/selling players.

Filter out anyone with less than 95% fitness, then pick by the opposition....

If I'm playing against the big teams/nothing else on during the week, the best attribute players come out

Small team + another fixture mid week = the bench players

The two teams are picked by attribute, replaced only for injuries/ridiculous run of form..

Let the assistant pick, then change it if I feel necessary, then take out anybody in bad form or who I don't like.

What he said, though the Ass Man does tend to pick players with fitness levels below 90% which I have to reverse!, and sometimes he picks players out of position although they usually work OK.

So many factors to consider. Given that the players in my first team squad are all 'good enough', rotation, morale, fitness and form over the last 5 games are major ones.

thats a pretty good summary answer to the OP's question.

Fitness, always first. Then I have to make sure I have at least one cover good enough for each and every position. Hardest player to pick is usually central midfielder, and if you go by "form" there, youll have a problem, as the form rating often seems bugged (my cm's always have a poor form rating, but they do prettyn well when I watch the matches)

I have my first eleven more-less clear and I have 2 players for each position. What I usually do is that I pick my first eleven for league games and try to consider alternatives as following.

1) Pick players from 2nd XI to positions where I have injuries or suspended players.

2) Then, check if any player has starting to lose match fitness. I've got some position where 2 players are more less the same strength and I try to give them same playing time. So they get to play like in every other game (if one is not in particulary good form which could give him a good run of games).

3) Then, I check opposition. In some position I've got players with a bit different mentality. In MC position I use Lindgren and Enoh (Ajax team), so Enoh is good for games where I have to defend more and fight for midfield (against stronger clubs) whereas Lindgren is better in attacking phase. Also Enoh is better in the air, so I check what kind of opponent players my MC has to deal with.

I ususally have 22 players with 2 XI's and then I play the 1st 11 in important matches and the 2nd 11 in cup games, league games v bottom teams etc. If the fitness is below 90% then I start with an alternative player.

In the following order:

1) Check how fit they are.

2) Check the average rating to see how they have been playing

3) check the average rating (all players are judged in 7.00 being Par)

Two players in every position.

* in the name for a new signing.

(U21) in the name for players under 21.

This is so I can see who of course are my new signings and which are the kids. Change all of that in the nickname.

So could have Joe Bloggs* (U21)

find this really helps when try to check players as I give more time to new players and kids.

Morale, first. If your CB, say, has a form of 7.86 in the last 5 matches, but his morale is "Very Poor", I never pick him. Ever. Go with the one who's played a 6.32 with a morale of "Superb" over the previous example.

It also depends upon who you're playing. If your opponents have a long pitch or slow defense, I would pick my fastest strikers over ones that have good technical ability. I obviously tweak my tactic to adhere to these changes, though. Or, on the flipside, if you're playing againsy Theo Walcott and Agbonlahor, then pick your fastest centre backs. If your opponents have wingbacks or fullbacks that are bad at defending, then I'll pick wingers with a great Dribbling stat, and so on.

i salute you, i never take this much time in anything on fm i simply go for morale then form, i wish i took this much time... im being serious aswell no mock, the games that realistic it probably pays off

i cant make my own tactics they always flop, looking forward to the new tactis creator

GK, defenders, midfielders, strikers. :D

No, seriously. I have a fixed first XI (usually my strongest team that fits my desired formation). Then assigned backups for each position.

So, for example, my striker 1 is injured/tired/needs a rest/rotated, then my assigned backup striker 3 will take his place. Same for striker 2/4, and the other positions.

Let the assistant pick, then change it if I feel necessary, then take out anybody in bad form or who I don't like.

Same here. He usually picks a decent team so it usually only leaves me a couple of changes.

For cup and CL matches I'll choose the whole team but that's because I use a lot of fringe players in those games.

Usually depends on fitness and form for me. I'll give you a scenario of mine - Eduardo is a better striker than Dzeko, but Dzeko was scoring 30 goals a season whereas Eduardo was barely hitting 20. Who got in the starting eleven every time? Dzeko. Vela is now outplaying the two of them, and is now my number one striker.

Archived