Offering players to feeders [yet another simple suggestion for FM09]

When offering players for loan or transfer we have the option of "excluding rivals" through the use of a simple tick box. I would suggest that another tick box is added: "Offer to feeder clubs only".

Why? When you send out your talents to your feeders it's always difficult to predict how much first team exposure each player will receive at different levels. This new initiative seeks to improve the transparency, ultimately aiding the manager's decision process.

The feedback report on offered loan players to feeder clubs could look something like this:

- Leeds (League One) perceive Joe Bloggs as a potential first team player.

- Norwich (Championship) perceive Joe Bloggs as a rotation player.

- Real Sociedad (Liga BBVA) perceive Joe Bloggs as a back-up player.

- Etc.

This information will give the manager a proper foundation to work from. Furthermore, the feature allows for the opportunity to offer unwanted players to my feeders (and only to feeders), possibly at bargain rates.

Just a thought.

Good idea, i would like that to work both ways also, when for example im Brighton, my loan bid is accepted but the player goes somewhere else only to play 4-5 matches in the whole season, Annoys me so much.

I would love to say 'come to brighton where you will be an important first team player, in real life the player would be more willing to join Brighton and play, that Forest and sit on the bench.

To digress from the original topic:

In addition to the "offer to feeder" tick box there should be another one: "Offer to foreign clubs only". I'm annoyed by the fact that my foreigners (many of them big stars) become quagmired in England. I offer them for sale and what happens? They are targeted by other English clubs, generating no interest from the rest of Europe. [This happens despite the fact that I run several foreign leagues, too.]

It's not entirely realistic. IRL you hear all the time that if a foreign player is to leave his current employer he couldn't dream of representing another (rival) team in the same country. Not so in FM: Even players will happily move to my greatest rival despite having my club as their favourite.

To reiterate -

New tick boxes:

[] Offer to feeder clubs only

[] Offer to foreign clubs only

And another one which could be helpful:

[] Offer to supplement future salary (for those hard-to-shift overpaid players - this could be a set percentage, say, 30% of present contract)

Furthermore, I like the idea of offering a player to a specific club but it's doubtful if it would work. It's like the problem with exchanging players: The AI seems to have a hard time reconciling player potential and club needs.

Originally posted by james_33:

I've had to supplement a salary before...

Yes, it happens but it's quite rare. Any WHY can't I suggest it? It's always the greedy player that initiates the process.

Originally posted by Neyles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_33:

I've had to supplement a salary before...

Yes, it happens but it's quite rare. AND WHY can't I suggest it? It's always the greedy player that initiates the process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curses to the missing edit option!

Archived