zonal or man defence

It is based far more on your players' ability level and the type of training you offer than anything else. I prefer a zone defense because it is easier for a new player to learn, easier to reset the team to their original zones and is less impacted by another team's superstar. Like in any sport, zones get beat along the seams. If your players don't overlap, the zone defense probably won't be a good fit...

Depends on your defenders attributes, your opponents attributes and your personal preference.

Often I will have them all on tight zonal marking meaning they will wait until the opposition is in their zone then stay on him until he moves elsewhere (at least that's what they should do!) But if your defenders positioning and anticipation are poor it might be better to mark the man instead. Like I say you have to look at what suits your players best and also look at your coaches preferences and see what they are teaching your players.

I think that a team performs better if it is kept on playing the same tactic along the year. If you keep on switching between them I think it performs worst.

BTW do the third person of " perform " need an " s " at the end ?

thanks

I think that a team performs better if it is kept on playing the same tactic along the year. If you keep on switching between them I think it performs worst.

Obviously you can't constantly change formation or something. But small tactical changes are needed for every match. And that doesn't change performance at all.

I use Zonal on my Strikers, Defensive Middies, Attacking Wingers and Midfielders

CBs and F/WB do Man, might put one midfield on man marking if I am playing with 3 central midfielders.

I use Zonal on my Strikers, Defensive Middies, Attacking Wingers and Midfielders

CBs and F/WB do Man, might put one midfield on man marking if I am playing with 3 central midfielders.

I find a FB on man marking quite dangerous. As for CB's, I always put 1 CB on man marking and high closing down, and the other on zonal marking and low closing down. Put my DM's always on man marking. Works quite well.

Archived