FM2010 new features blogs no.21 - finance

• SI Staff
Is there any more screenshots? Or am I missing something?

Not at the moment, no. Not for any reason apart from us all being too busy at the moment of going through the processes involved!

@ Miles or anyone who knows really, will smaller teams that make it big now actually have decent sponsership deals? I've read loads of threads where people have won the premier league with a league 2 or lower side and still get 100K a year from shirt sponsership.

There have been improvements in this area, yes.

Hi Miles,

Have you made any changes to the finances, where if you have money left on your budget when the transfer window is closed and you buy players using the 24 monthly payments, your money is not used right away so you can buy a nearly unlimited number of players? I hope that makes sense :)

Cheers

Miles,

Have there been any changes to additional sponsorships? For example Man U have several additional sponsors but Liverpool are unable to look for any - Arsenal used a stadium sponsor deal to fund the new stadium is it possible to request this either to help fun a new stadium or stadium expansion or simply to raise funds (perhaps with a drop in popularity with the fans confidence as a result?). Perhaps it could be added like requesting feeder teams or something.

Also as an aside can I just say that for me (and many people I know who play) we actually prefer more of the ingame advertising round the pitch as it adds to the realism and match experience. It always makes the match more special when there is advertising and would be good if it could be competition specific like in real life perhaps, or have a "Premier League", "Champions Cup" billboard for those competitions.

Thanks

Had anything happened with the 'Merchandise Income' Miles? ie. will be it affected by touring certain countries like Japan, China etc?

Yes, it would make having financial affiliations a lot more meaningful, rather than them just acting as multipliers linked to your transfer activity.

Guest josh9393
Do we have today's blog yet?

No blog today (Miles on twitter) because he's doing the podcast, but he says there'll be 2 tomorrow!

If the people who own the club want to take money out of it as dividends, then they can, just like in any real life business (including football clubs).

Im talking about clubs that are not privately owned. None of the slovenian clubs for example are privately owned. So there is no owner to take the money. Im sure people in charge find a way to steal some of that money but they are legally speaking not allowed to that.

Has the inflation rate been looked at in depth, particularly in terms of gate revenue per season versus the inflation rate of player fees? In our clan game in 09, yr 2026, transfer fees for 18 yr olds were pushing 12m whilst it appeared the revenue raised by clubs through gate receipts had not increased proportionally.

in my FM 09 saved game, my Gillingham team was a regular in european competition (either euro and champions league). I checked my information screen, my club reputation is continental. Yet my kit sponsorship is a pathetic 110K euro per year. Man utd in my game got more than 20 mil per year.

in my FM 09 saved game, my Gillingham team was a regular in european competition (either euro and champions league). I checked my information screen, my club reputation is continental. Yet my kit sponsorship is a pathetic 110K euro per year. Man utd in my game got more than 20 mil per year.

Miles specifically said that sponsorship in those circumstances has been polished.

Archived