Is this a bug..or am I a sore loser?

Chelsea, top of the table. Having conceded just 6 goals in 27 games. Even more ridiculous because my team scored 2 of those goals in a 4-2 loss at Stamford Bridge. So 4 goals in 26 games, surely that isn't possible?

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/jordy86/Untitled-1.jpg

If that is hard to accept, this next statistic makes me want to reach for the noose.

Michael Essien, a great engine in the middle of midfield, but a goal scoring threat? Well...yes. And a huge one.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/jordy86/Untitled1.jpg

When has he EVER scored anything like that in a season? Let alone a better than 1 in 2 rate in every competition he has played in.

So you think it's belieavable and "realistic" for a defensive midfielder to finish the season with what probably will be 30 goals?

Nah he isn't, he's playing as in the Makelele role. Maybe it's a one season wonder because it's the first time I've ever seen it on mine. Roll on next season.

But surely its unrealistic that a winger would score over 40 goals in a season? Oh, no its not as Cristiano Ronaldo done it.

he could be preforming great

and the club might be putting him in a attacking postion and he is taking his shots well

But surely its unrealistic that a winger would score over 40 goals in a season? Oh, no its not as Cristiano Ronaldo done it.

Good point. Although still unlikely for Essien. Nevermind. If I can't beat them, buy him:D

Did they concede less than 10 goals? No. Did their defensive midfielder score over 20 goals? No. It is extremely unlikely but it's good that FM has the capacity to go to the extremes because while it may be incredibly unlikely it is still possible.

In recent years Ronalso and Messi have both revolutionised the winger position into the front three (ok they have not created it but showed how effective it can be), so I'm not sure that they can be called soley a winger, yes that is primarily his position but he floats all over the place and was often at Man Utd the furtherst player forward, same with Messi.

Chelsea have always been a defensive minded team or built from the back lets say. Would it happen it real life no, but if we called that a bug then alot of things would then become a bug, so i'm not sure we can call it that. Essien with 23 in 42 games, now thats more unrealistic especially as you have confirmed that he has played in the holding role, Lampard maybe but Essien no way hose!

An finally no one has talked about the amount of goals Chelsea have scored in the league! An average of 2.9 per game seems high but if their holding role has got 14 in 27 then imagine what Drogba has got!!! :)

In recent years Ronalso and Messi have both revolutionised the winger position into the front three (ok they have not created it but showed how effective it can be), so I'm not sure that they can be called soley a winger, yes that is primarily his position but he floats all over the place and was often at Man Utd the furtherst player forward, same with Messi.

Chelsea have always been a defensive minded team or built from the back lets say. Would it happen it real life no, but if we called that a bug then alot of things would then become a bug, so i'm not sure we can call it that. Essien with 23 in 42 games, now thats more unrealistic especially as you have confirmed that he has played in the holding role, Lampard maybe but Essien no way hose!

An finally no one has talked about the amount of goals Chelsea have scored in the league! An average of 2.9 per game seems high but if their holding role has got 14 in 27 then imagine what Drogba has got!!! :)

Only now you mentioned Drogba that I checked and Essien is Chelseas leading goalscorer. Drogba has 19 in all comps, Lampard 15 and Anelka 10.

Archived