Editor 2010 & Cup competitions/Yorkshire League

joey6

Ive seen a lot of good things being written about the new editor and i fully expect to have used every feature it has at somepoint, but my I was wondering if you had power over the cup competitions.

For example, in the English system, replace the League cup with a smaller league which runs along side the Premier League, Championship etc. So Hull could play in the Premier League but also be part of a new cup competition whcih is the Yorkshire League which has every Yorkshire club in it from the pro divisions, which would play... say every 3 weeks?

This sounds like a good idea. It could be extended to the real life County Cup competitions; e.g the North Riding Senior Cup (All North Yorkshire Teams + Middlesbrough) and the Sussex Cup etc.

The league Rep would need to be low to stop the big teams wasting their players in them. For example in the North Riding Cup, Middlesbrough tend to play their youth team, York City our Reserve team and everyone else plays their first team.

This sounds like a good idea. It could be extended to the real life County Cup competitions; e.g the North Riding Senior Cup (All North Yorkshire Teams + Middlesbrough) and the Sussex Cup etc.

The league Rep would need to be low to stop the big teams wasting their players in them. For example in the North Riding Cup, Middlesbrough tend to play their youth team, York City our Reserve team and everyone else plays their first team.

Aye, the Yorkshire Cup would,... im guessing, be around 10 teams, it'd be a step up from the reserves and generate an extra 9 home games a season, and for a club such as York, if they were included, would benefit from 9 home games a season from visits from clubs like Hull, Sheffield W & U, Leeds.

Archived