Manager Dynamic History

I guess this idea would have to wait until FM11 now....

...as we now have more "flavoured" managerial histories (well, number of international caps/goals at Ex-Int. level reputation anyway), and as relationships are so important I should like to be able to do the following during manager profile set-up:

A/ Select more than one "favoured club" (if I have a 90 cap / 44 goal Englnd history behind me I should like to imagine a career path maybe "Bashley, Bournemouth, Southampton, Man City, Bury" - reflecting a City loving Dorset lad making his way up the local ladder before playing out his twilight with some other ex-top flight team mates down the road at Gigg Lane)

B/ Be able to search & select players / staff as favoured/non-favoured personel. (no suprises Roy Keane on my dislike list! and probably Tony Pulis (its a Bournemouth "thing"!), Stuart Pearce, Harry Redknap on the liked list)

At present I never select favoured club as I can only choose 1, and as a City loving kid who regularly went to Dean Court for a slice of humility (!) I could not select city without selection Bournemouth too, I just cannot!)

I guess this idea would have to wait until FM11 now....

...as we now have more "flavoured" managerial histories (well, number of international caps/goals at Ex-Int. level reputation anyway), and as relationships are so important I should like to be able to do the following during manager profile set-up:

A/ Select more than one "favoured club" (if I have a 90 cap / 44 goal Englnd history behind me I should like to imagine a career path maybe "Bashley, Bournemouth, Southampton, Man City, Bury" - reflecting a City loving Dorset lad making his way up the local ladder before playing out his twilight with some other ex-top flight team mates down the road at Gigg Lane)

B/ Be able to search & select players / staff as favoured/non-favoured personel. (no suprises Roy Keane on my dislike list! and probably Tony Pulis (its a Bournemouth "thing"!), Stuart Pearce, Harry Redknap on the liked list)

At present I never select favoured club as I can only choose 1, and as a City loving kid who regularly went to Dean Court for a slice of humility (!) I could not select city without selection Bournemouth too, I just cannot!)

Would need (it would help) for the number of caps/goals thing to refresh & be displayed as part of the profile set up. Also could toggle through options for SC / Mid / Def / GK, like (random but in similar proportions) 90 caps&44 goals / 85/20 / 92/3 / 78caps/56 goals conceded. You get the idea. I nearly always have a goal every 2 game return but once had 100 caps & only 5 goals, must be a wonderful centre half (magic)...or am I Emile Heskey? LOL

Just use FMRTE

Fair comment but better to include this relatively simple thing in the "out of the box" game than using a 3rd party program to "mend it", surely?, especially as it adds flavour & depth to the manager profile and the whole experience - something I suspect SI will focus on in the near future.

I'm a fan of being able to add your own favoured personel! :)

IMO SI won't be putting that option ever. Because it would be easier to sign ceratin player, which have you added as your favourite personel at the begging of the game. At least that's what I think! :p:D

IMO SI won't be putting that option ever. Because it would be easier to sign ceratin player, which have you added as your favourite personel at the begging of the game. At least that's what I think! :p:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but players are only easier to sign if you are on their favourites list, not the other way round.

Good idea, the manager profile could be improved. Perhaps the option to say what position you played, would only be a small addition, but perhaps your superstar striker would bond quicker with a manager who is a former fellow front man, than he would with a manager spent his career as a defender.

Correct me if I am wrong, but players are only easier to sign if you are on their favourites list, not the other way round.

Good idea, the manager profile could be improved. Perhaps the option to say what position you played, would only be a small addition, but perhaps your superstar striker would bond quicker with a manager who is a former fellow front man, than he would with a manager spent his career as a defender.

You are right, but even if he is only on your favourite list, I think it would help at least a bit.

And your idea is also good (Y). But most of all I would like for human users to have the same attributes as AI managers. Not all, but most of them...

I think you should be able to put a few favoured personnel in but theres a limit. On older games, (I think) if you played with a certain player for example for a long time and got on well with him, he would be automatically added to your favoured personnel. I might have just dreamt that though :D. It would be good to bring that back though.

I've been thinking about the first suggestion for a while, I really like it. Personally I think it would be a really nice touch, and would help me further to associate with my in-game self, if the game drew up a playing history for me as a manager when I start the game, complete with playing stats and all. After all, if it can tell me how many international caps I have, why not a playing history? I think the game could easily take your favourite club (or clubs if they allow several), and make a convincing playing history for you including those clubs, plus a few others interspersed in between to show your rise to your career's peak and then the slow tail-off if your managerial age is over, say, 32. It would just be a nice bit of flavour.

As for favoured personnel I'm not so sure as it's too easily exploitable, but what I would like to see is an option after a set amount of years or if a staff member adds you to their favoured personnel, to see a news item/menu option informing you and offering you the chance to "add them to backroom staff", the implication in this term being that they would agree to stay with you for more than just your current club. Then, if you ever left your club they would all resign (or be sacked) instantly to join you, and negotiations with a new club could involve them being hired instantly with you. Presumably this would help even more than mere favoured personnel status with the coaches agreeing lower wages or to join worse clubs in order to stay with the backroom staff. At any point, including if a coach just can't agree to a huge step-down with you, you could then have the option to ditch any single member or your backroom staff, or leave them all behind and start again. Seems to imitate what happens in real life quite accurately, and without either touching on dodgy aspects of football nor creating problems for the game mechanics. It would certainly save a load of time having to rehire all your staff (who in FM09 and before often don't want to leave the club even to be with you as favoured personnel, despite in reality backroom staff sacrificing careers to stay with their manager) and hopefully would go some way to eliminating the problems encountered in career games where taking a step down usually means losing all of your favoured staff to better jobs and having to find a whole new coaching staff...again, in spite of reality showing backroom staff usually being quite happy to follow the manager. Again, I stress that there should of course be occasions where backroom staff do their own thing, it's only natural.

Archived