The role of the B Team

As anyone can notice, some big teams (ez in Spain) have their B team playing regularly in lower divisions.

I've been just promoted to the Spanish Liga and possess a very strong B Team. I place here backup players for my first team. However the only way to use this team is to organise friendlies just to keep players match fit.

My question is this: how can my B Team start playing in normal leagues (even the lowest possible at first), like for ez. Real Madrid's and Barcelona's B Teams do?

I dont think you can mate, maybe using the data editor for the spanish leagues if your b teams is set up seperatly, i tried adding spurs reserves to say the blue square on the data editor but trust me it cant be done. annoyuing really as the premier division reserves only play 9 other teams where as the championship tweams have pretty much every other championship team to play aganst, i mean what the hell??? now my back up players dont play and then moan and when i do play them they are constantly "tired" lazy little sods

Originally posted by Nautilus:

Yeah...the only way to keep my reserve players match fit is to organise friendlies!!!

Yeah, I've seen gaps of 3-4 weeks between reserve games. Have started organising mini tours of Cyprus and Fiji just to keep them fit. I also like to pretend it's a good experience for the youngsters to be touring the world but I know FM doesn't take this into account. Best I can hope for is a bit of merchandising revenue.

• 1 month later...

A lot of the B-teams play in divisions that aren't in the game - this can cause problems as they are playing fixtures, it's just that the fixtures don't show up on the fixtures page. I have had a lot of trouble with this as I have moaned about on several other threads.

important hint( at least it worked for me)

I Only play with Osasuna, Primera and Segunda full. So no playable Segunda B etc. While having at least 20 players registered for B squad, they will play full season. Less players registered = a big chance no fixtures will be created, therefore, no games will be played.

Usually B team of most clubs have huge squad and if you register the best of them, you should be able to get the B team back to Segunda B. Also you might want a coach with good tactical knowledge to take control of the B team. Mine was 19 and he got the team back within just 1 year. Now my B team is near the top of Segunda. I just let my future stars play there and enjoy the best facility + tutoring without having to send them on loan. Players also develop much faster and better, reaching their full potentials than by sending them out. You can also dump the oldster, say Xavi when he is 34 but you want him to retire at Barca to play in Segunda, and he won't complain.

Originally posted by kennec:

barcelona b got relegatedso they are not in game hehe

in my game they got promoted at the end of the first season so they were back in the gamwe for the second season

Archived