Bad Strikers and Wingers or bad ME

FM1000

I've played many saves with different teams and different tactics,but I still didnt see a striker score 30 or more goals like it happens in real football.The closest i got was with Carlos Vela in 2008/09 season who scored 25 but only 10 in EPL.The AI strikers sometimes score that amount of goals but i cant no matter with which team i play or tactics i use i score goal but all of my 10 outfield players are scoring almost evenly(my strikers and wingers score more but not that much).Also i have never seen my or AI winger score and assist as much as Messi and Ronaldo do in real football.I think that this needs to be improved in FM10

From my experiences of FM09 my forwards are not goal machines, unlike some managers on these forums who's main forward can average as much as 1-2 goals per game and even more in some cases! However I often get goals from all over the pitch, and instead of one or two players getting loads of goals I tend to have around 6 players who are in double figures with my top 4 scorers getting around 15-20 goals per season.

This spreads the load and when a star player is having an off day then other match winners can score. I would love to have a player that gets 50 + goals a season but in reality this is unrealistic and rarely happens in real life (people may say Ronaldo two seasons ago, but even he did not manage a goal a game and he was just unbelievable) especially at the top level.

Some managers may dictate their play through their top forward with everyting going through him and thus scoring many goals. I prefer many players contributing a decent amount as opposed to a few players contributing loads.

From my experiences of FM09 my forwards are not goal machines, unlike some managers on these forums who's main forward can average as much as 1-2 goals per game and even more in some cases! However I often get goals from all over the pitch, and instead of one or two players getting loads of goals I tend to have around 6 players who are in double figures with my top 4 scorers getting around 15-20 goals per season.

This spreads the load and when a star player is having an off day then other match winners can score. I would love to have a player that gets 50 + goals a season but in reality this is unrealistic and rarely happens in real life (people may say Ronaldo two seasons ago, but even he did not manage a goal a game and he was just unbelievable) especially at the top level.

Some managers may dictate their play through their top forward with everyting going through him and thus scoring many goals. I prefer many players contributing a decent amount as opposed to a few players contributing loads.

Well i get goal from all over the pitch too and this annoys me cus i cannot make Forlan or Eto or Ronaldo score 30 goals or Messi and any other quality winger both regen and real to play like goal scoring winger.

Yeah I understand, a naive person would suggest your tactics but like myself I'm sure you will have done everything under the sun in order to try and get more goals from you attacking wingers. But yes as I think in my saved games when Messi, Ronaldo et al are controlled by the computer then they will both play like 50 games, score 15, and 12 assists, when in real life they are far more influential and dominant.

Hopefully in FM10, especially with the tactics creator in place, that free flowing football can happen, i.e. the messis and Ronaldos in this world can play that free flowing dutch mastery 'total football'. With less 'everyone has a defined type of role' ethos.

Yeah I understand, a naive person would suggest your tactics but like myself I'm sure you will have done everything under the sun in order to try and get more goals from you attacking wingers. But yes as I think in my saved games when Messi, Ronaldo et al are controlled by the computer then they will both play like 50 games, score 15, and 12 assists, when in real life they are far more influential and dominant.

Hopefully in FM10, especially with the tactics creator in place, that free flowing football can happen, i.e. the messis and Ronaldos in this world can play that free flowing dutch mastery 'total football'. With less 'everyone has a defined type of role' ethos.

i think your being a tad optimistic with your last bit :-p

Current save: Hibs 2016/17 season (Network game)

My Strikers to break 30 goals in all comps:

Fletcher Seasons 1 and 2.

Disco Stu (Regen i nick named, was only 17 at the time) seasons 3 and 4 (30+ goals in the league in season 3).

Walter, every season since 2012,

Kleber, Season 6 i think (League goals over 35, but only 20 the next season and hes only on 6 or something this season... he is 33 now)

And my mates striker regularly gets 50 a season in all comps and even won golden boot last season... playing for Dundee United of all teams.

Yeah I understand, a naive person would suggest your tactics ...

I don't consider myself naive when I say it's not your strikers or wingers or the ME - it's your tactics! It is true that in FM09 the ME has evolved so that it is difficult for a striker to rack up a stupid amount of goals, but 30+ is doable. The only reason my strikers never reach that height is because I rotate them - between them the squad score plenty.

The FM10 tactics creator doesn't do anything new as such - i.e. it will do the same as the sliders do, but it will make it easier for us to implement what tactics we mean to do.

If you really want to improve your tactics, the Tactics forum is a marvellous place with outstanding tactical wisdom from a number of FM gurus. Following their advice makes a heck of a lot of difference.

I don't consider myself naive when I say it's not your strikers or wingers or the ME - it's your tactics! It is true that in FM09 the ME has evolved so that it is difficult for a striker to rack up a stupid amount of goals, but 30+ is doable. The only reason my strikers never reach that height is because I rotate them - between them the squad score plenty.

The FM10 tactics creator doesn't do anything new as such - i.e. it will do the same as the sliders do, but it will make it easier for us to implement what tactics we mean to do.

If you really want to improve your tactics, the Tactics forum is a marvellous place with outstanding tactical wisdom from a number of FM gurus. Following their advice makes a heck of a lot of difference.

I have won everything there is in my first season with Arsenal so it cant be tactics.I still think that the ME needs to improve strikers a little bit and goal scoring wingers a lot.And for anyone who said that his strikers score more than 30 goals can you send my your tactics cus i must see for my self.

i think your being a tad optimistic with your last bit :-p

We can always live in hope!

I understand where your comming from, but I said naive because I didd'nt want to suggest the tactics beacuse I would assume that FM1000 would have tried to tweak many things and often when somebody says something like FM100 they are shot down and always told its your tactics!!!

Yes 30+ is doable but like you I myself rotate my forwards, it was more the fact that I made the point that some managers seem to score 1-2 goals a game which seems a tad unrealistic, but as you have said it has become harder to score stupid amounts which is good, it was more about the attacking winger scoring more.

Going back to the tactics I may be wrong in what I am about to say but it seems that when people are struggling they go to the tactics forum and have a look, which seems logical. But it seems that there are effective 'blue print' tactics that people have made in order to be successful. It seems that people download them and then like magic they have a winning formula. This would suggest that they have in affect 'beaten the system' and in fact instead of creating a set of tactics that will get the maximum of your players, it is better to create a universal tactic that has a track record of being a success as opposed to different tactics that will have different effects upon the given players and formations.

And that given these blue prints they have the edge over the computer because they 'just work' i.e. having the sliders a few clicks here and there that are all perfect in terms of each individual player and the team instructions. But by changing a slider by one click then the whole tactic blue print is out of sink the thus the tactic don''t work because the 'blue print' will be affected. So it would suggest that if you spend ages creating the best possible tactic that will get the bets out of the given players and formation that in real life would do wonders but actually won't really work beacuse the in-game code or whatever rejects this as there is a generic tactic that in reality is worse for the given team but just seems to always get the desired results. :)

In my experience it has to do with the corner-exploit. If you use it, then your strikers wont score many, but your defender will. If you don't use it the goals are spread more evenly throughout, hence your strikers will score more. I don't think the corner exploit make your team score so much more than if you don't use it, as the matches are calculated before it starts. It just makes the goals you will score throughout the game come through corners, and not so much during open-play as it would if you choose not to use it.

Sorry about the bad English, I hope I managed to make my point understandable.

I have won everything there is in my first season with Arsenal so it cant be tactics.I still think that the ME needs to improve strikers a little bit and goal scoring wingers a lot.And for anyone who said that his strikers score more than 30 goals can you send my your tactics cus i must see for my self.

Just because your tactics are sucessful, doesn't mean that the problem with strikers scoring doesn't lie with them.

Your tactics might well be set up in a manner that results in goals being spread around your team. You strikers might well be looking to bring others into the game rather than go for goal themselves. You might have a very defensive tactic set up that leads to narrow wins, without many goals scored. You might be getting many of your goals through set plays.

Indeed, if your tactics are working well, why should it matter where the goals are coming from?

In my long term game, while I was managing in China, I had a season where, my top scorer was an MC (in a 4-4-2) with 8 (in all competitions), and my strikers had something like 5, 4, 4 and 3 (I had to rotate them quite a bit). The result? I won the league with a team predicted to finish twelth. How? A very solid defense, and a strike force that looked to hold up the ball and bring my midfielders and wingers into play.

And one final thing to remember, 30 goal-a-season players are not that common in real life, and quite often, the top scorers don't come from the best teams....

The best I've had so far is John Fleck 21 in 26 in the Prem and another 7 in the UEFA Cup.

However, other than that season I've been having the same "problem". It could be the 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) - in several of my saves with that formation I've had Fellaini, Veloso & Dzagoev being my top scorers with 15-ish goals, all coming from the MC position. I don't think it's that bad really, as long as I'm banging in the goals I don't really mind where they come from :)

Just because your tactics are sucessful, doesn't mean that the problem with strikers scoring doesn't lie with them.

Your tactics might well be set up in a manner that results in goals being spread around your team. You strikers might well be looking to bring others into the game rather than go for goal themselves. You might have a very defensive tactic set up that leads to narrow wins, without many goals scored. You might be getting many of your goals through set plays.

Indeed, if your tactics are working well, why should it matter where the goals are coming from?

In my long term game, while I was managing in China, I had a season where, my top scorer was an MC (in a 4-4-2) with 8 (in all competitions), and my strikers had something like 5, 4, 4 and 3 (I had to rotate them quite a bit). The result? I won the league with a team predicted to finish twelth. How? A very solid defense, and a strike force that looked to hold up the ball and bring my midfielders and wingers into play.

And one final thing to remember, 30 goal-a-season players are not that common in real life, and quite often, the top scorers don't come from the best teams....

I dont use the corner bug so i dont get much goals from set plays.I score average 2 goals a match and what annoys me is that my main striker Adebayor in 4-3-3 formation always tracks back to get the ball and pass or goes to cross although i have set his crossing to rarely and has normal CF and no free role.

My experience has been that forwards seem to be the most inconsistent position (with MC's also not good). Did have Vela do 40 in 50 competitive games (30 in league) once but thats been the exception as often its been an revolving door of poorly performing players.

totally agree with this thread, rooney 7 shots 1 on target, not good enuf... i tend to thick cm score just as much as st, i have tevez up front with messi, rooney and ronaldo behind them, enuf quality in there for goals, i am lucky if they score 1 and get 1 assist between them per game.

p.s ive noticed strikers score more in cup games, any opinions

totally agree with this thread, rooney 7 shots 1 on target, not good enuf... i tend to thick cm score just as much as st, i have tevez up front with messi, rooney and ronaldo behind them, enuf quality in there for goals, i am lucky if they score 1 and get 1 assist between them per game.

p.s ive noticed strikers score more in cup games, any opinions

I agree.My strikers score much more goals in cups than in the league.The League Cup,FA Cup or the Champions League they score most of my goals.But in the league they score as much my CM's.

It's far too easy with Arsenal to create a tactic that encourages a good spread of goals rather than one big scorer. Look at them in real life. Plenty of goals, but a CB the top scorer so far.

The players they have means it'd be wasteful to use a "one big scorer" type tactic with them.

Archived