funny quotes

something to chuckle to:

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country." - Ian Rush

"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today." - Steve Lomas

"The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukranians will be more European." - Phil Neville

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league." - Mark Viduka

"I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well." - Alan Shearer

"I was a young lad when I was growing up." - David O'Leary

"We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other three per cent that cost us the match." - Ruud Gullit

"If they hadn't scored, we would've won." - Howard Wilkinson

"I have a number of alternatives, and each one gives me something different." - Glenn Hoddle

"It was a game we should have won. We lost it because we thought we were going to win it. But then again, I thought that there was no way we were going to get a result there." - Jack Charlton

"The ageless Dennis Wise, now in his thirties." - Martin Tyler

"Martin O'Neill, standing, hands on hips, stroking his chin." - Mike Ingham

"West Germany's Briegel hasn't been able to get past anyone yet - that's his trademark." - John Helm

"Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras." - Peter Jones

"Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve." - John Greig

"On the night, it just wasn't our day." - Gary Neville

"If you're not committed to winning, there's no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day." - Kevin Keegan

"(In Barcelona) Look at these olive trees! They're over 200 years old - before the time of Christ!" - Bobby Robson

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel." - Stuart Pearce

Archived