Home tactic & Away tactic

Recently i've heard that some people change there tactics when they play away, i personally don't do this I only change my tactics when I've lost and should'nt of lost (somewhere on those lines) when I'm winning I keep the tactics the same for home and away, and i was just wondering does changing tactics playing away or home it work? if so what tactics do you use when home or away?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, I always imagine top teams at home will be more likely to attack. So when I play Man Utd at the Emirates I will keep my 4-4-2 with attacking style or possibly 4-3-3.

When it's at old trafford sometimes I will use a 5-3-2 attacking. Still tell my team to go forward but got a bit more support for the defence.

Of course if I'm losing with 10 mins to go in either match I'll try all out attack 4-2-4 and usually pinch a point lol.

I'm into my second season and still having troubles away from home. I'm QPR and even though i finished 2nd last season away from home we were pretty poor. I stuck to playing my formation throughout as it worked really well at home and away we would lose one week win the next etc (5 wins, 7 draws, 11 defeats). After winning first away game in premiership we got smashed in next two league games 5-2. So went slightly defensive and changed formation to 4-5-1 with a defensive midfielder and we beat liverpool 2-1 so stuck with that but it hasn't really worked out since. At home i've not lost since i've been in charge of QPR which is pretty awesome but away from home we look totally different. Be interesting to see what formation everyone else uses away from home

Archived